Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

mammikoura said:
cool. which distro? I'm using kubuntu, and I think it's awesome.
both slax linux cd and damm small linux
i find slax more expandable yet dam small linux is very good on older hardware.
i got dsl to work on an old pentinum2 system
http://www.slax.org/
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
i currently have a thread to find the best linux distro for install to hard disk though

mammikoura said:
cool. which distro? I'm using kubuntu, and I think it's awesome.

I'm downloading kubuntu right now as we speak. I was using fedora core 5 but it didn't work well, everytime I tried to update the mouse would freeze and nothing would happen so I decided it's not worth using so I'm going back to the ubuntu thing. I personally like the KDE interface, looks nice and sort of windows like which is good for me because I'm pretty new to linux. I have a regular ubuntu disc but for some odd reason it won't detect the monitor and gives me weird error messages saying that the graphical interface can't be loaded? oh well, hopefully all goes better with kubuntu!

troy272 said:
I personally like the KDE interface, looks nice and sort of windows like which is good for me because I'm pretty new to linux.

I prefer KDE too. I've always used it, and loved it since the 1st day I used it. Only tried gnome a few times, never installed it on my pc.

mammikoura said:
I prefer KDE too. I've always used it, and loved it since the 1st day I used it. Only tried gnome a few times, never installed it on my pc.

GNOME is kind of confusing for me, seems harder to use than KDE.

But, if you want to try something else other than Gnome and KDE, you have th eMinimal Graphic System, and ICEWM.

I agree, you tend to want to pay for things the more you respect them. i.e if its music, it'll be your favourite band, etc.

If they crack Viesta, they'll be a way to crack the special code there implanting to make it do all the weird stuff too.

I'm not saying I agree to pirating software, but you have to admit, what there trying to do is pretty funny stuff, haha, and I'd definietly laugh if someone was having trouble using it.

I like XP for the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom