problem with norton internet security 2006

adam3112

Baseband Member
Tonight i felt like updating my Norton however when i click on the Norton icon on the right hand corner of the start bar.... the menu won't show up properly and you can see a part of my desktop or whatever window is running behind the Norton window a picture below explains it better.
nortonproblem.jpg

Also when i try and close the window... it doesn't close and an error report message comes up etc. How can i fix this problem and is there another way i can update my Norton?

adam3112 said:
Tonight i felt like updating my Norton however when i click on the Norton icon on the right hand corner of the start bar.... the menu won't show up properly and you can see a part of my desktop or whatever window is running behind the Norton window a picture below explains it better.
nortonproblem.jpg

Also when i try and close the window... it doesn't close and an error report message comes up etc. How can i fix this problem and is there another way i can update my Norton?
In the control panel there is an icon for "live update" you can check your update settings there and see when it checks for updates and how often.

try going into your control panel and click the live update and see if you can do it that way. Also, you could try going to symantec's website and seeing if you can download the update files that way. You could try contacting symantec for support too and see if they can offer any help.

how do i get tech details about the error report? also do i send error report or don't send??

also i tried updating it by clicking symantec liveupdate, a window came up, i clicked ok and nothing happened. The whole thing seems crashed :(

Me personally, i would ditch norton and get something decent. Its pants IMO mate

Raffaz said:
Me personally, i would ditch norton and get something decent. Its pants IMO mate

I've used Norton for years and haven't had a problem with it previously, it's only today it's been playing up 2bh.

thats fair enough, but norton is known as being the most power hungry piece of crap going, im sure other peope will chime in here. Cmon lads help is out lol:)

Raffaz said:
thats fair enough, but norton is known as being the most power hungry piece of crap going, im sure other peope will chime in here. Cmon lads help is out lol:)

alex agrees :)

AVG free version is 10x better than norton, and its free.

Back
Top Bottom