New HDD need ur HELP !!!

Well normally when you turn it on it will say that its found new hardware and then install the drivers etc. Have ya connected it thru USB or firewire? Can you see the drive in explorer?

sadsadsadsa.jpg

I did it thrue Firewire

Well it told me "Found New Hardware" "Ur new Hardware is installed and ready to use" all that popped up in the buttom left conner. But Still nothing new in my computer.......Grrrrrr

Also i just noticed in the botoom of my manual it sas "When install SATA HDD please plug out IDE data cable" what does htis mean ? does it apply to me>?

Zer0Cool said:
Also i just noticed in the botoom of my manual it sas "When install SATA HDD please plug out IDE data cable" what does htis mean ? does it apply to me>?

Not sure what that means. Has your enclosure got an external power source? Mine has and its never failed. Maybe its that

Well im not sure....it haz its own power supply. Only 2 wires are coming out of the back of the Shell. One is the power Supply wire, and second is the FireWire or i can use USB.

grrrrrrr why is so messed up.....

Heres a though, goto admin tools then computer management and see if its in there. Are your drives set as basic or dynamic? If ya can see it in disc management then assign it a drive letter

Back
Top Bottom