Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Trivium Nate said:
Microsoft sucks
totally agree i think that more people are gonna used cracked versions of vista than people used cracked xp versions i for one are not willink to pay anymore than £100 which is about $60 cos i cant realy afford it , i might just stick with xp at least apple include os cost with the initial outlay for the pc

Trivium Nate said:
Microsoft sucks

and the award goes to nate for the most informative post of the day! :D

but I agree, the prices on their products are way too high, though I guess they will make them higher and higher as long as people pay for it. Linux ftw!

I'm glad microsoft is doing this, and they would sell alot more copys if their price was lower.

I dont really "pirate" stuff, even though I manage to get a great deal of software for free. I dont download software from the internet but have my own ways of getting alot of software.

my excuse when i get caught will be
"what officer theese product keys just fell into the registration boxes and now i cannot uninstal the software"

muz379 said:
my excuse when i get caught will be
"what officer theese product keys just fell into the registration boxes and now i cannot uninstal the software"

lol, but you know what.
I'll never get caught! muaahahahahahah :D

MikeReiner said:
And the truth is given.

SP2 was quite unstable and full of bugs when it was first released.. however, it is much better now than SP1 is.

Whats odd is.. i've seen computers running SP1 for about a year upgrade to SP2.. then run horrible! but when I do a clean install of XP, I find that if upgrade to SP2 immediately, it runs perfectly..

True, I updated a computer recently to SP2 which was running fine on SP1 and it slowed it right down, a clean install later, and it worked fine....

We all love to hate microsoft, but then we all continue to use it, so what does that say about us?

Personally I have found using open source a great benefit, an example earlier, GIMP instead of Photoshop etc, even Open office, is giving Microsoft office a run for its money these days........

I won't be upgrading to Vista until its absolutely necessary, thats more from a really bad experience using RC1 where it killed my computer, it could of been something I have done, but I would rather upgrade in 12-18 months time, when the flaws have been ironed out

^^I'm using linux for everything except gaming. And maybe gaming too after a while, so I can completely uninstall windows. And I haven't even opened windows in a few weeks. :p

mammikoura said:
^^I'm using linux for everything except gaming. And maybe gaming too after a while, so I can completely uninstall windows. And I haven't even opened windows in a few weeks. :p
linux is good, im using a live cd at the moment but after a while i hope to completely replace windows with it

i just downloaded ubuntu 6.10. My problem is however.. I don't have the hdd space for it. So many files... *needs a DVD burner*

muz379 said:
linux is good, im using a live cd at the moment but after a while i hope to completely replace windows with it

cool. which distro? I'm using kubuntu, and I think it's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom