My monitor

Pidge14

In Runtime
So yesterday my monitor started making this quite, yet hearable noises. Sounds like a little mouse was making noises. Then this morning when i turned my monitor on, it was making those same noises. only really really really loud. And sometimes it sounds like the "mouse" noise is getting beat with a hammer or as if the "mouse" noise is communicating with a another mouse. And yes, i know its not a real mouse. What is making this noise? is my monitor going bad?

its a crt. 17 inch "perfect sound, multimedia" viewsonic 17ga. Well when i turned it on this morning it wouldn't stop making the noise. Now it just makes it every now and then. The monitor, besides the noise, seems to be working fine. Any ideas?

hmm, I'd try cleaning it. I won't suggest opening it :p , I'd just use compressed air, there should be some small holes through which you can get the air to the inside of the monitor. Don't know if it would fix the problem, but at least it would get the dust moving. But if you can't get it fixed, then I'd probably get a new monitor. Sounds dangerous to be using a monitor that's making odd and loud noises.

If I ever heard sound like that, it's gone!!!!! Throw it out before it blows up on you :p. Seriously, that's what I would do if the noise got louder and louder constantly. Time for a new one...

Back
Top Bottom