Reinstalling Windows

stevenbob0

Baseband Member
I just bout a new laptop with lots of bundled software already installed and I hate bundled software. I want to reformat the hard drives but if i use the recovery CD the laptop had me make it always restores it back to the factory preset witch has the bundled software.

How can i reformat my hard drives so there is not bundled software?

Thanks so much!

Here is some info you might want.

Computer- HP pavlion dv9000
Hard Drive- two 80GB drives
OS- Windows XP Media Addition

For my laptop, I have a Compaq recovery disc that restores Windows and all the other junk. Some will get installed, while others will prompt you whether or not you want the software installed. Another way is that you can always uninstall them anytime too.

Yeah ya could do what TRDCorolla suggests, but thats not a proper "clean install". I think companies should provide genuine discs instead of giving us ones with loads of extra crap on that we dont need, at the end of the day their our computers so its up to us what we install on them

Well i dont know any other way around it, unless your recovery disc has some sort of custom install option where you can choose what ya wanna install, then i dont think ya can get round it.

That CD key will probably only work with your disc, because it will be an OEM key. There are different keys for different versions of the disc. Eg a SP1 key will not work with an SP2 disc

Back
Top Bottom