Upgrade from OS X 10.2.8 to 10.3.9?

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
Should i do this with the specs of my mac?

ibook g3 ( Dual Usb )
12inch
128mb ram(planning to upgrade +256) ... should I be looking for a 512 stick or 256 will do the job?
10gb hard disk

becuase I saw on the website that they said that the upgrade helps to communication betwwen MC and PC computers throughout the network, which is a big deal for me since i have 4 PC's and 1 MAC lol and just for the hell of upgrading :)

I also say OS X 3.9 becuase i see that OS X 10.4's requirments go up... and I dont know if it'll be good for my lappy since i have no OS disks i would have to find a way to get the OS X back if i loose it grrrrr its a tough decision

thanks
kyle

Well, I would recommend to use a 512 stick in there as well, if you can, a 30GB hard drive. I don't really know how much space it will take up, but a 30GB would help you at least to run some more applications and things.

10.4 is the big OS and it should run still on a G3.

ummm 10.4 comes on dvd so u gotta downlaod the cd version. but osx isnt like windows. it doesnt slow down when you put a newer version on an older computer.

borat_sagdiyev said:
ummm 10.4 comes on dvd so u gotta downlaod the cd version. but osx isnt like windows. it doesnt slow down when you put a newer version on an older computer.

word.

borat_sagdiyev said:

interesting, I never knew that. that's good to know if I get a G3 laptop which I've been saving up for (either that or a mac mini)

i like the i book g3, it looks so new, when i saw one for the first time i thought wow and when i asked about the specs i was amazed that it looked so modern yet the specs was like only a 500MHZ cpu and like 320MB ram
EDIT
i also like the i mac g3 desktop model and am thinking of buying one off ebay in the new year could you give me a guide to what specs are good thanks

the only problem i see is that rifght now i have all the special graphics on my laptop now , so you can see it gets kinda slow when all the transparencies and stuff that like that are on, it strains the poor little video chip lol i have to find a way to turn it down

Back
Top Bottom