18yo girl hits toll booth at 100MPH in a Porche 911 Carrera

Cabbs

Golden Master
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1341086.php

LAKE FOREST– Nicole Catsouras, 18, of Ladera Ranch was killed Tuesday afternoon when her black Porsche 911 Carrera clipped a Honda she was trying to pass on the right at more than 100 mph on the Eastern (241) Toll Road, the California Highway Patrol said.

Catsouras was driving southbound near Alton Parkway when she suddenly switched lanes and lost control of the Porsche, CHP officials said, and then cut across the center median, careened across several lanes of traffic and crashed into a tollbooth.

The 20-year-old driver of the Honda was taken to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries.

The cause of the accident is under investigation.

Pics here, Don't click the bottom ones if you have a weak stomach, they are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY gory, way worse than any movie: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=440412

Good thing I don't have a weak stomach. That is pretty gross though, sad too. What the hell was she doing driving a 911 in the first place? And so fast.

I think that people should be forced to look at those pictures, regarles of whether they have a weak stomach or not, just to discourage people from speeding.

One thing i can say is that it's not worth it to speed, there is enough road rage out there already. it's really sad that just one careless act can cause your wick to be blown out...life seems to be a rush rush mentality.

Things are speeding up, days seem like hours, weeks go by like days...birthdays come & go like clouds above. destinations seem to be dictated by the speed we get there...life is passing some by & they don't even know it.

these are but statements...and here is just one more i have :

"Life is a journey we all take with the time it has been given us, but it's a fool who takes them both for granted" ;)

-edit-

Those images are horrific but speeding at 100mph was a very stupid thing to do. It not only endangered her but others aswell.

An 18 year old with a porche 911? Must have been a spoiled rich girl.

Lac3y said:
Those images are horrific but speeding at 100mph was a very stupid thing to do. It not only endangered her but others aswell.

An 18 year old with a porche 911? Must have been a spoiled rich girl.

Just be glad it was a Carrera and not a 911 turbo. That would be a very sad day. I don't mind seeing the Carrera's go as they are the poor mans Porsche, but the turbos are nice. Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be feeling bad for this girl aren't I? Lemme try . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nope, nothing.

She was an idiota and her parents were even dumber for buying her the damn car! I have no pity for her. As sad as this event is and how much pain her parents are in over it (if they even gave a shit to begin with), I cannot feel bad here. She was speeding and couldn't wait to get around someone. She also didn't know how to controll her $72,400+ sports car (that is designed to handel well even at high rates of speed).

My first 5 cars didn't add up to a tenth of that in cost! Even if I had the money to buy that for my child and not think twice, I wouldn't even bother. I'd get them a Scion or another reliable 4 banger.

Clutch said:
Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be feeling bad for this girl aren't I? Lemme try . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nope, nothing.

I'll have to agree. It was completely her own fault and not to mention how stupid it was to drive that fast.

It's a good thing she didn't kill anyone else, that kinda driving can cause many innocent people to die.

Back
Top Bottom