Massiv ehelp needed!!!

education81

Beta member
Hi just bought a packard bell mv35-202d laptop, the laptops fine, what they neglect to inform you of at purchase is the hdd is 60gig however there is a 8 gig hidden partition that is used for restoration, the laptop is loaded with all sorts of crap like skype, free games, aol??? and so on.
I want to format my laptop and load windows the way i want it to work not this oem crap, Will i have any problems with he computer booting i.e will it fail to boot as it cant find the hidden drive??

Any help greatly appreciated.

If you have a restoration disc, it will prompt you to partition it the way you wish it to be partitioned. (You can remove that partition entirely)

In most cases, The free software that comes with the computer is on a Utilities disc instead of the operating system disc, and you can choose not to install them after reinstallation.

Hope I helped, If you need any more info just ask, you can also send me a pm

Thanks massivly for your help, gonna do that today as the stuff they put on is rediculous.
Its a 1.4ghz cpu with 1gig ram and taking 5mins to load, see where im coming from???

Ive never used my restoration discs, i had problems years ago with another system. I just use a normal XP disc, then i know its a "clean install" with none of the crap from the company you bought it from.

But you have to have a correct key, If he were to use a "normal xp disc" the key may be incompatible.

Besides, the Restoration Disc doesn't have the excess software.

And on a Side Note: If you dont mind the lack of the 8 gigs, you could just remove all those applications in add/remove software.

Cheers mate, try that out and get back to you later ps do i have to disable the lookup of this drive in the bios as i understand that you can press f11 or something to boot from the hidden drive, if i format it and the bios is lookkig to this drivbe, will there be a delay in booting up??

no, when you press f11 it is already in the operating system, and then it boots from that drive. If you reinstall, you can completely remove the hidden drive and make your drive 8 gigs bigger

Back
Top Bottom