Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

I've run XP Home with a geniune disc that came with the computer, for nearly two years, no problems so far, quite a while ago, there was a forum about whether SP2 should be d/loaded, remember all that?, & if I remember rightly, members were about 60% / 40% in favour of not having it, as it caused more technical problems, so I followed suit, & touch wood, I've been OK so far.
computer.gif

Honestly, When someone says something cant be done, it just gets our juices rolling trying to prove them wrong.

They tell me "Vista can't be hacked" First thought in my mind is "Well they're making it all about keys, We can just get it while its running, and rewrite it where it doesnt ask for keys, and shut off any connection to microsofts servers"

They make the price so high because so many pirate. Well if they really wanted to cut down on piracy, try charging less than someones paycheck. Then there wont be a need to pirate, and people will buy it. Hell, I pay for things when its reasonable. But if theyre going to unjustly milk my wallet, I say screw em.

Thats kind of like the music industry, I think 99 cents for a 3megabyte pattern of 0s and 1s is a bit stupid. If they didnt want people copying their music, lower the price and there wont be a reason to.

And the thing about "switching operating systems, rather than pirating" Microsoft has set the playing field so everything needs to run windows basically to run smoothly. For most users, It's the only option.

For Piraters, They pirate because its the easiest option. They get the software for free because its easier than coming up with a massive sum of money to buy it. Getting another operating system that relatively nothing knows how to work with defeats that purpose because the simplicity has been shot out the window. It puts a burden that people just dont want to face on their shoulders because things are just incompatible without tedious configuring.

You're not going to make it harder for people to pirate, because for the most part, pirates dont even know how to crack the software, but theres always those few out there that are smart enough to get it done and distribute it.

I guess what I'm trying to say here, bottom line: People Pirate because its the easiest option. If buying the software were easier, it's what they would do.

Maybe Natalya can talk to her higher ups about that lol

Well, I didn't get SP2 immediately, as there are usually some problems with new software, but I've been using it for some time now will no ill effects. Also, hasn't MS stopped supporting SP1? If you aren't able to get security updates, you could be leaving yourself vunerable. Also a good reason for someone to actually buy Vista if they want it that badly.

Brookfield said:
I've run XP Home with a geniune disc that came with the computer, for nearly two years, no problems so far, quite a while ago, there was a forum about whether SP2 should be d/loaded, remember all that?, & if I remember rightly, members were about 60% / 40% in favour of not having it, as it caused more technical problems, so I followed suit, & touch wood, I've been OK so far.
computer.gif

SP2 is pretty safe now, your leaving yourself open to all sorts of attacks by not updating IMO

Yes Brookfield you should update your computer to sp2 as always back up your important files and then download it Via windows updates and then install it
Thanks, I prefer to stay with SP1, be it on my own head if things turn sour, all my files are back up to disc.

Maurice, SP2 is very important in order to keep the system running well. I'm preety sure it could perform better with it.

Vista most likely will be cracked, but I don't feel right using an illegitimate key for something as important as an operating system. That being said, i'll be one of those people lining up for Windows Vista. I have to admit though, I use a pirated version of photoshop, but that's only because, the price on that is ridiculous.

@ Brookfield Have you edited post #26 for any particular reason, or was that a mistake?

kchi55 said:
Vista most likely will be cracked
I'm pretty sure it has already been cracked. :p

raffaz: he probably tried to quote nate, but pressed the wrong button. Happens to me sometimes, I try to edit my post and end up quoting it.

Back
Top Bottom