Hey guys I REALLLY need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech N9ne

In Runtime
hello well i went to download a free nortan cracked antivirus 2007 right and some how my ISP found out and thinks im mass producing the software even tho i dont even have a burner haha. and they are asking me for logs and ip addresses from where this was downloaded etc what can i say to get me outta this mess somone please help!

You could say you didn't know that it was illegal, or say that you had adware that forced you to go to that site or that your PC was hacked. Also, why were you doing this? actually were you even doing this? if you were, I think it would be best to stop and not do it again. besides, why would you want to crack norton software? it's not that great IMO.

Well first, you don't have to just hand over any logs or evidence. If they want it, make them work for it - don't give anything out unless they have a court order which forces you to do so.

After that, there isn't anything you can just tell them that will get you out of this. Telling them "you didn't think it was illegal" ain't gonna cut it. My guess is that they wont pursue this legally, but if they do, don't say anything without some sort of legal representation.

Good luck...

meh my isp caught me downloading a game back in march. needless to say, im still alive and i dont pirate stuff anymore.

and they wont do any legal action, cuz they dont own the copyright. and just dont do it again.

alright thanks for all your feedback yeah i shouldent of downloaded nortan it does kinda suck haha oh well thanks guys

Yea, norton wouldnt be worth getting into trouble for haha. Besides it hogs all the resources and is a bitch to get rid of.. but opinions may differ i suspect :p

Tech N9ne said:
hello well i went to download a free nortan cracked antivirus 2007 right and some how my ISP found out and thinks im mass producing the software even tho i dont even have a burner haha. and they are asking me for logs and ip addresses from where this was downloaded etc what can i say to get me outta this mess somone please help!
Plead guilty, cop the fine, learn from your mistake.

You'll get no sympathy from me because a/ You're engaged in piracy and b/ you were stupid enough to d/load a Norton product.

Tech N9ne said:

you were just asking for trouble once you started d/L-n the cracked version..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom