Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Buying the real version wil save a lot of headaches. I've been running on XP Corp. for quite some time now and I could never install SP2, IE7, WMP 11 without a legitament crack--if you can get your hands on one!! Plus, Microsoft validates everything now online!!! WIndows Update is limited so you know you're missing out on some of the updates needed to secure your system.

Now, I'm running all legal Windows software including a legal Office 2003 suite and I can download anything, update anything, do anything without getting any kind of validation errors and such. Plus, SP2 makes XP look so pretty.

I hate! Microsoft with the passion! I seriously don't freking feel like spending 200+$ Just for xp id love to format my hardrive but no i have to pay 200$ for it

Actually, that's why I have the Dell Windows XP CD close to me for. Although, I will admit, I will need to buy Vista. Although, how many times can I activate it with one CD key?

Trivium Nate said:
I will admit the only pirated software that I have is photoshop because I didn't feel like spending 900+$ on it, As for the rest of my software Genuine :)
Natalya Welcome back
Adobe's fault is putting prices too high. If you'd see one at 50 bucks, I'm preety sure you;d actually have it.

THat's stupid too, Windows activation or Office activation. I remember I maxed out on the number of times I had to activate Office XP because of so many reinstalls I did. I was forced to call Microsoft direct and talk to the stupid rep. He's like, "What's the purpose of your reinstallation?" I'm like, uhhh, well, I had to reformat Microsoft Windows again, lol.

Another pain in the butt...

pirating should be frowned upon, most people do it without a thought too. It's sad, i'm one of those "people" but i do pay for things i have respect for, like windows xp, and other great programs and such. But i also didn't pay for photoshop. But not many too, it's sad, but it's life.

TRDCorolla said:
THat's stupid too, Windows activation or Office activation. I remember I maxed out on the number of times I had to activate Office XP because of so many reinstalls I did. I was forced to call Microsoft direct and talk to the stupid rep. He's like, "What's the purpose of your reinstallation?" I'm like, uhhh, well, I had to reformat Microsoft Windows again, lol.

Another pain in the butt...

I had that problem to I activated it and it told me i did it to many times so i changed the country from the United States to the United Kingdom and it activated and it works :),and yes i have the version from the store not pirate version lol

Adobe's fault is putting prices too high. If you'd see one at 50 bucks, I'm pretty sure you;d actually have it.
Maybe,
It would be awesome if Software was 50$ or under like good software,so that I don't have to spend my entire life savings lol

Speaking of Microsoft When is Halo2 coming to computer? i haven't played this yet and i would love to

I'm in the same boat now too. I still have crack "third party" software. I learned my lesson with Windows and other Microsoft stuff though. Just buy it. I'm going to buy Windows Vista for the very first time. I've always purchased Office though.

I agree that pirating is wrong, I have a genuine version of win XP home that I got as an OEM from newegg when I bought my new HDD and it was worth the 89.99 I paid for it. If adobe charged lets say... 250 instead of 1000 for photoshop they'd have less people pirating it and more people buying it, same thing goes for microsoft. If the price was lower and the product was better there would be less pirating going on. I personally would rather switch operating systems than pirate because I think it's wrong and I also don't want to get in trouble.

Ok, it took our crackers 3 hours to do XP, i'm willing to bet it'll take them 4 to crack Vista.

Ladies and Gents no software is uncrackable, for in the very nature of it being software its crackable.

They are already cracking vista, and playing with it to crack it etc.

Nik00117 said:
Ladies and Gents no software is uncrackable, for in the very nature of it being software its crackable.

that is so true.
And I hate it how Microsoft always says that they have this new cool anti-piracy stuff and it can't be cracked and internet piracy will stop etc. Because really, most (if not all) of their newer products (including Vista) have been cracked before it's even officially released.

Back
Top Bottom