RAM scores?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me what the average speeds, or the lowest speeds i should be getting Memory wise....i would like to know the Memory Read, Memory Write, and Memory Latency for my RAM.....Kingston DDRII-533 512mb X2 (1024mb in Dual Channel)....i think EVERST is the best prog for these tests..correct me if im wrong...All help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Matt

Well, the BIOS can read it for you. And, to be honest, the differences are in nano seconds, so even if big numbers are in, you won't be able to tell differences.

The reason i ask is because my mate who has Kingston 2gb DDR400 RAM and we have both tweaked the timings in the BIOS, yet his seems to churn out a fair amount higher scores than mine does...and I thought, mine being DDRII-533, i should get a higher score than him, tweaked or not.

Matt

EDIT: So i wanted to know, as i think my RAM may be running worse than it should be, or something is making it work worse than it should...

The hing is, if you set lower timings on RAM, some may stuggle more than others. The best way to benchmark memory vs memory is by leaving into it's default settings.

Did that too lol...mine was still a fair amount lower if i remember correctly, ill look for the log of our scores...

Matt

Relooking at it again, it darns on me: DDR400 and DDRII 533 aren't the greatest RAMS to test on. The lowest DDR frequency and highest timings. They don't really have difference, but it's rather weird that the other guy pulls better scores.

Tell me, what's both the specs of the two computers?

My mate seems to think that it could be my motherboard (which i now regret getting and wont be buying the same make again lol)....which is a Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Socket AM2 (running at 2.38ghz)
Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G
Kingston DDRII-533 512mb X2 (Dual channel)
XfX GeForce 6500 256mb (embarrasing i know lol)
1X WDC 40gb ATA hdd (Master with Win XP pro)
1X Maxtor 200gb ATA hdd (Slave)
Windows XP Professional SP2

My Mates (he is a fellow member here "Anubis1980"):

AMD64 4200 X2 @ 2420
2GB Kingston Value Ram @ DDR440
Leadtek 7950 GX2 Core@603 Mem@1600
160GB 7200rpm 8mb UDMA133 Maxtor
XION 600w dual 12v 44A total SLI PSU
Creative 5.1 Digital Live

Matt

EDIT: MSI neo4 that is his mobo...V3

Well, your specs may lack down the RAM with the Geforce 6500 and that 40GB hard drive. That's why.

Would you think i would have a noticable increase in performance if i used my 200gb as my primary drive and the 40 as my secondary?

Lol, i am hoping to get some money together to purchase a new gfx card, but they bloody too expensive for me! lol

Matt

EDIT: Just been reading some logs and found this....
i think that this was when we both were at stock clocks and settings....

My Memory Read: 4612 MB/s
His Memory Read: 6274MB/S

to me thats a pretty big increase when considering mine should be either the same if not better....

Back
Top Bottom