ibook g3 (dual usb) WHAT TYPE OF RAM?

You can check what type of memory you're currently using with the System Profiler. You can find it in "Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/". Once you've started the program, click on "Memory", and it should display some details on your RAM, including the type you're currently using.

If you want to add more RAM to your system, just make sure it's the same type, and everything should be fine.

i have PC-100 right now, and on the specs at apple-history it says minmum PC-100... so what i'm wondering is if i can put 133

Yes, it can have PC-133. If it's not compatible, the system will put it back to PC-100.

Perhaps PC Recycle and A1 used computers can supply the best stuff for you. Yes, I live 45 mins away from you.

okay my next question is
dose it have to be a "mac compatible" type ram.
The guy at my local shop asked me that and i had no idea... i poped open the hood and the ram i have now is IBM so i'm guessing it can be any type ram?

i dont live exactly in montreal, i'm on the south shore of it loll
i'll think twice about taking a drive in town

EDIT: damnnnnn the closes store to me in like 45 minutes away its like crossing the island of montreal lolll

Okay then. Actually, both shops aren't in Montreal, but it's not far. All you need is access to the HWY 40. One is in St-Laurent and the other is on the Service road, neard Dollard-Des-Ormeaux.

For the first, you will need to take the Cote-Vertu exit and head North to Rue Bégin.

The second, you would need to take an exit before Dollard-Des-Ormeaux and drive towards the east side.

And as far being Mac compatible, no. Any memory would fit.

Alright cool, bah forget that i'll buy it new lol i thought i had to be PC-100 cause this loser at compu smart said it had to be. I'll just passby again and ask if they have PC-133. I dont have time to drive there , i'm in brossard and i work most of the day so when i get off all the stores close Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom