AVG Free

Vandiyan

In Runtime
Anyone using AVG Free get a message today that it will be discontinued on 01/15/07? I did when I got on my PC this evening so I went to the website and downloaded the new 7.5 Free version? Now it is showing my anti-virus is out of date and for some reason I can not update my new AVG? Is anyone else having a problem with this?

Never heard of this problem, but then again i dont use AVG. Have ya tried uninstalling it then reinstalling?

Check the Time and date of your PC. It may sound silly, but on some programs, the date is vital prior to the update liscence.

AVG is not discontinuing AVG free, just version 7.1 because they updated to version 7.5 it's just a newer version with better detection and less memory usage. I've been using it for over a month and it's great.

Yeah, I got that message the other day too, yet haven't updated to the latest version yet..

Jon F said:
^^^The GUI has a massive improvement compared to the older version.

I agree, the older version looked like it belonged in windows 95/98. I like the new interface because it's more modern looking.

I had to uninstall the old program and then do a clean install of the new version. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom