the ZUNE!

Zaki said:
the zune's size is just shameful compared to the ipod, and really one a couple of players have come close to having as much eye appeal as the ipods, however ipod doesnt come close to most top tier mp3 players in features and functionality.
http://www.jakeludington.com/zune/20061001_zune_and_ipod_photo_comparison.html
totally agree this shows the ipod and the zune compared next to each other ,
when i saw the zine on its own i thought hey its not as big as everyones saying then i saw it next to the ipod and i saw quite a difference

holy crap...do i have to go through this again? the ipod has the most features EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont like the ipod that much... i didnt know what it was, me and it just didnt connect lol. I took it back and got me a psp which i think is better because it can do everything the ipod can + more.

Even though i havent tried the zune yet, i think itll be pretty kool.

I prefer the IPOD, I don't see good things ahead with the whole music store thing and microsoft. my opinion is that microsoft + online music = trouble
I'd rather go with apple for the online music thing, besides apple has more of a reputation for multimedia stuff. I think the zune is cool but I won't be getting one until they've been out for awhile and prove worthy enough for me to give up the ipod. I'm going to stick with the ipod for now, never had a problem with it and it's simple to use which I like.

well the psp isn't strictly for digital media, its more towards games.
i don't really like apple, but the ipod is pretty darn good compared to the rest.

It's overrated. The 30GB iPod is pretty cheap at $249.99, but don't forget that it doesn't have radio or some features that other competitors have built-in. Instead, they milk the cash cow and force you to buy accessories that cost $20 or $50 at a time hoping to get some extra money from you. The other thing is that it's WAY too common. At first the iPod was cool and unique, but now that 99% of my school has one, it's just..bleh.

Yes, Apple may have a very good R&D department, but they have no originality anymore. It's basically the same concepts over and over again. It would be nice to see something new.

As for the Zune beating the iPod, you never know. It only launched for a week, so you can't really make conclusions yet. Wait for a year and we'll see. ;)

EDIT>>> Feel free to read my take of the Zune. Please remember that I'm not comparing everything the Zune has to the iPod.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=484688&postcount=18

the thing with the zune is no matter how many problems someone can point out right now, there is a solution for everything in the future, i mean with firmware updates the sky is the limit with this player and microsoft has shown how not to be a-holes and provide something valuable in the higher price range. creative has been doing it, and obviously toshiba has also started, but no matter what ipod does its becoming more of a fad than a new technology, i mean even at cnet they write things like "ipod is back and it deserves its spot (as the number 3 most wanted gadget)". thats ridiculous if only people knew about creative, toshiba and microsoft players.

the zune is going to get better with time period. the ipod has already shown signs of slow development.

If it doesn't have a good battery life, good audio quality, and of course audio features, I wouldn't be happy anyway, either way. Apple fails in these areas, the Zune fails, at least I know, in the battery life (I don't want to have to have it on my mind to charge all the time. Sony have the right idea), Creative players, tend to fail on battery, but gain on sound, yet, not enough to please me completely.

The only make that has done this, and passed all tests are I-Audio players, and I own a Creative.

The Zune seems like a good stand up player though, and will hold the time.

Zaki said:
the thing with the zune is no matter how many problems someone can point out right now, there is a solution for everything in the future, i mean with firmware updates the sky is the limit with this player and microsoft has shown how not to be a-holes and provide something valuable in the higher price range. creative has been doing it, and obviously toshiba has also started, but no matter what ipod does its becoming more of a fad than a new technology, i mean even at cnet they write things like "ipod is back and it deserves its spot (as the number 3 most wanted gadget)". thats ridiculous if only people knew about creative, toshiba and microsoft players.

the zune is going to get better with time period. the ipod has already shown signs of slow development.

Yeah, the iPod more fad than anything.

Back
Top Bottom