Lookin for some logical opinons.

Half Evil

Golden Master
How is this system for a 16 year old.

Currently I have a JL 12 w1v2, running off a GTO301.1 II. I have 3.5 Infiniti Reference in the front and 4'' Alpine Type S in the back powered off a CS60.4.

I am looking to upgrade too two 15'' Kicker CompVR's. Running both of those at 1ohm off a Hifonics BX1205D.

(im getting my sub off crutchfield.com because they have the cheapest price for two.)

Sub (x2) $230
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qbhBYIsgbUq/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=2065C15VR4&wm=cl
Amp $198
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14803

Total so far is $428. Then I will be buying box plans from someone on this forum for $15.

Thats $443.

Then were talking about maybe $40 for wood, right?

$483. Ughhhh

I already have the 4ga wire going from the battery to the Amp.

So then $23 for 10ga
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12891

$506 Total. Plus .08 sales tax to everything -$15 for the box plans.

So $39.28 total for tax.

Grand Total $545.28

Worth it for a 16 year old? Ill be giving my old sub and amp to my brother for Xmas.

And a question with these subs.. Will they be too loud? Or because my speakers are amped will it blend real nice?

Logically...

I don't see the point in buying plans..
there are plenty of freeware speaker enclosure design programs out there...

My second logical conclusion is that you never have to put anything in the trunk of your car...

Well I want a custom design.. So thats why I want custom plans.

What do you mean exactly? I dont have to put the subs in the back seat or I dont have to put anything else in the trunk?

Hmm, I'm not a fan on car systems. I think an indoor cinema setup has more uses for dvds, cds and gaming

Im nothing with out my music. I cant stand not having my music. My iPod goes everywhere with me. Thats why I have an iPod hookup in my car do my deck.

And I listen to rap.. So rap = lots of bass. Gotta have the subs.

Besides its bragging rights around school. Gotta watch who i shoot my mouth off to othough.

1st of all i have told you what i though in the PM's. but here we go again...ok the 1st link of the kicker speakers. that is an ok speaker...and when i say ok, it does'nt have 2-0hm stability like i told you i would go with. now if you want some serious power speakers...go with atomic speakers.

2nd link is like this.. any class-D amp that is that cheap must be marked down for a reason...don't be fooled into buying something that you'll regret. a really good class D-amp will go for at minimum of 3-bills.

as for the 10-gauge wiring for the amp, that's ok...i prefer monster cable, and if you can aford it, go with a high end performance cable.

~mr mixx~ said:
1st of all i have told you what i though in the PM's. but here we go again...ok the 1st link of the kicker speakers. that is an ok speaker...and when i say ok, it does'nt have 2-0hm stability like i told you i would go with. now if you want some serious power speakers...go with atomic speakers.

2nd link is like this.. any class-D amp that is that cheap must be marked down for a reason...don't be fooled into buying something that you'll regret. a really good class D-amp will go for at minimum of 3-bills.

as for the 10-gauge wiring for the amp, that's ok...i prefer monster cable, and if you can aford it, go with a high end performance cable.

It can be easily wired down to 1ohm.

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

And that Hifonics is probably one of the best D class amps out there. My bad not best, but most popular. So evidently there isnt anything wrong with it...

Back
Top Bottom