Thinking about Purchase

billybob123

Beta member
I am thinking about purchasing a computer, i will be using it mostly for video games. my price range is about 800-1000 including a monitor and it must be a desktop... any suggestions?

This is my new PC:

http://www.gateway.com/home/products/ret/ret_GM5260.shtml

I got it at Best Buy. For an additional $120, you can get a 17" LCD and an all in one printer.

The only thing is, for a gaming PC. The video card stinks (7300 LE :rolleyes: ). I picked up an NVidia 7600 GS PCIe w/ 256 MB DDR2 Ram for a reasonable $139 from TigerDirect.com. Comes out a bit over your budget, but my games (Half Life 2, F.E.A.R.) do very well with most of the options turned all the way up...

get a core 2 duo, E6400 or something, maybe a 7600gt, or 7800gt. OR get a cheap crapo card now, wait til about easter when the 7 series goes down, and the cheaper 8 series comes out. I saw a couple places that had a 19" lcd on sale for $99 And bestbuy had a 22" widescreen for $199. But most of the black friday deals are goin to be over soon. Get a 600W power supply for future upgrades. Always think ahead.
Hope this helped a bit. Always look at ebay, a lot of computer stuff is new there.

i would recommend going to dell.com and configuring a desktop the way you want it for that amount of money...you should be able to get a decent one that comes with a 17" or 19" lcd, and maybe try and catch one of their free shipping deals too.

I just got a computer for 800 dollars (w/o monitor) and it hasn't come yet but it is pretty good. Its a Intel E6400, a 7600GT graphics card, 1GB of RAM (DDR2 667), a p965 motherboard, a sony combo drive, and a 320 gb hard drive. All for 800 bucks plus you could get a good monitor for much under 200. I just got a samsung 205BW 20" widescreen for 160 bucks on black friday.

Back
Top Bottom