which laptop should i choose from?

oneshot1

Baseband Member
with all the sales going on tomorrow im looking to get a laptop for mainly a) checking email in house, and web browsing. im looking to get a relatively cheap laptop and ive narrowed down to two that are on sale in the local area. they are,

compaq presario-
512 mb ram
cd/dvd drive
802.11 b/g wireless LAN (can this laptop be used with "wired" internet?)
windows xp home edition OS
amd turion 64 mobile technology ML-28

price: 399.98 includes free printer

and the other laptops this one,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1158317794220&skuId=8103535&type=product

price 250$

Go with the Presario. The Turion 64 processor is much better than the celeron m.

And yes, you can use it with wired internet.

I agree with Tommy Boy. The turion 64 is definitely better than the celeron. I would get the cheaper one with the celeron if you're not planning on doing ANY gaming or multitasking stuff, the turion is better for that stuff. Also the compaq with the turion seems like a better value since it comes with a free printer.

troy272 said:
I agree with Tommy Boy. The turion 64 is definitely better than the celeron. I would get the cheaper one with the celeron if you're not planning on doing ANY gaming or multitasking stuff, the turion is better for that stuff. Also the compaq with the turion seems like a better value since it comes with a free printer.
Not just more speed for gaming, but more speed overall. The turion will be quite a bit faster than the celeron.

I strongly recomend a Hp Mini 210, i got one for xmas and i didnt really care. on new years day i decided to open it and try it out, i am almost never on my main computer now. its perfect for movies, internet browsing, music and little gaming.only problem i have with it is how small the screen is. 11" is not enough for doing more then 2 things at once. the hp mini is only $299 Canadian.

wow dident realize how old this thread was :s woops

hmm these small netbooks seem to be kiking the big laptops ass now! why not better to pay 400 for a brand new netbook than pay about 1000 for a big laptop

Back
Top Bottom