Any t9 user here too?

Ohh, went to options and there it was. Guess I just never put it on, guess I'll try it out/.

it is pretty good when it works but if its guessing the wrong word it can be annoying

I absolutley hate it. More annoying than a microsoft paperclip.

It was turned on by default on my mum's phone, and it took me about 3 hours to locate the place where you can turn it off, (it was the last place you would think of looking), but it keeps defaulting back on. Hence, she can't text, as it just throws her completely, and comes out as gooblegook. :mad:

How can you text WITHOUT T9? If I had to use abc I would kill myself.

livemc said:
I think its more like "annoying" text messaging. My phone does that and I absolutely hate it. I mean, I'll be typing in house and it'll suggest hose, horse, hot, hole, etc. and I'm like "holy moly this is stupid".

I text better without the stupid predictions.

It's not about typing 3 letters of an 8 letter word and it's supposed to guess it, the point behind it is that you don't have to hit 4 three times to get an I.

To spell house it would be 46873, voila

Yeah I use predictive but I can't 'touch type' on a phone so I look at the keys all the time and end up putting 'no' for 'on' etc because it puts them in that order for some reason!

David Lindon said:
Yeah I use predictive but I can't 'touch type' on a phone so I look at the keys all the time and end up putting 'no' for 'on' etc because it puts them in that order for some reason!

That bugs me too. Although I've memorized those such things, if I need to type home for example, it will put good so I hit 0 [Next] and then I get home. Same for no and on, and so on..

I used to hate T9 atfirst, always selects the wrong word...but this t9 tutor really makes it easy for me to use. I even learned how to add new words in the dictionary. :D

I text using T9 if the phones good enough to support it how it should be,

On my old Siemens phone, T9 was my preffered choice, but on my Sony Erricson, I don't like how it does it, so I prefer to text normally on it.

Back
Top Bottom