a Big question...

As far as i know, some recovery discs arent bootable, cant comment on yours tho. Does it ask you at any point to press a key to boot from the CD?

Ya could also try booting from a floppy startup disk, and then running setup on ya CD from there

Raffaz said:
Ya could also try booting from a floppy startup disk, and then running setup on ya CD from there

I dont have a floppy drive however I do have 2 CD/DVD drives can i make a boot CD?

and how would i go about that?

well if all else fails try this.... have the computer boot from the cd, at the options menu goto dos promt.

once there, type in fdisk , when it asks you if you want to use full capacity of the hhd put in y . then right after that it should go to the options to make a partition on the hhd, choose wich one you want.

after you make a partition it will ask you if you want to make it active. a partition must be set to active to boot an operating system. once that's done

exit out back to dos promt, then type format :C , it should then format it for you, and once that's done, exit out, and reboot, so that the win cd boots, then reinstall from the cd.

~mr mixx~ said:
well if all else fails try this.... have the computer boot from the cd, at the options menu goto dos promt.

once there, type in fdisk , when it asks you if you want to use full capacity of the hhd put in y . then right after that it should go to the options to make a partition on the hhd, choose wich one you want.

after you make a partition it will ask you if you want to make it active. a partition must be set to active to boot an operating system. once that's done

exit out back to dos promt, then type format :C , it should then format it for you, and once that's done, exit out, and reboot, so that the win cd boots, then reinstall from the cd.

Have you even read his post? he clearly states that he is having problems booting from CD

OK, This is getting rediculous. Let me give you some advice that should make this process the least painful. CALL HP. Ask for a tech or someone that can help you start the recovery process. Get them to tell you how to boot from the cd. Some recovery discs need you to press a certain set of keys to initialize the recovery program. This should allow you to get started. If all else fails, Default to a NORMAL XP disk. As much as that's gonna suck, you may have to do it anyways. But CALL HP first.

Asmodean said:
OK, This is getting rediculous. Let me give you some advice that should make this process the least painful. CALL HP. Ask for a tech or someone that can help you start the recovery process. Get them to tell you how to boot from the cd. Some recovery discs need you to press a certain set of keys to initialize the recovery program. This should allow you to get started. If all else fails, Default to a NORMAL XP disk. As much as that's gonna suck, you may have to do it anyways. But CALL HP first.
Whats ridiculous is you opening up a 2month old post

Back
Top Bottom