shutting fans/lights off @ standby

well you can at least make the fans spin slower. I think speedfan can do it, but I'm using the manufacturers own software to change my vid cards fan settings and my zalman hsf came with a thingy I can use to change the fan speed.

The vid card software is set up so that the fan speed changes with the temp. So when not using the computer it automatically spins slower, and then when playing games etc. the rpm of the fan increases.

edit: not sure if the software stuff will work when in stand-by mode.. But it's worth a try.

The fans and lights will only go on standby if they are connected to the motherboard using the little three pin connectors. If they are the big four pin molex, no, they are not able to be modified when in a standby state.

That's kinda weird, because when my pc goes into standby, the fans stop, and I have some with the 3 pin mobo connector and the 4 pin psu connector.

joxley1990 said:
The fans and lights will only go on standby if they are connected to the motherboard using the little three pin connectors. If they are the big four pin molex, no, they are not able to be modified when in a standby state.

my fans all use the 4 pin molex connectors and they shut off while in standby. I think it might depend on the motherboard you are using whether or not they will shut down and the lights will go off.

as you mentioned in the 1st post there could be something in the bios. Just look around in the bios and you will find it if it is there.

I had the same problem and you can change they way your computer goes into standby in the bios. I tried all the settings and nothing! i think its just the compatibility with your Mobo and other components.

Back
Top Bottom