Anyway to transfer Limewire mp3s?

MattieDaShark83 said:
Simplest option. Open limewire's folder were your downloaded music is located. Open your my music folder. Create a folder such as Limewire downloads. Click tile windows vertically and highlight all your mp3's from limewire and drag them into the file you just created. If you have dual monitors just put limewire in one window and my music in the other screen. After it copys all the files they are now on your harddrive. Now copy them to a dvd-r disc. Pop the disc in your new computer and copy the files. Wouldn't that be easier than downloading them over agian from yourself or swapping harddrives?
What if he has no dvd burner in his old computer

MattieDaShark83 said:
Then he can buy a 50 pack of cd-r's. Don't ask what if he doesn't have a cd-r drive. Anybody that burns enough music that they want to transfer has at least a cd-r drive if not both.
yeah true mate but the crossover or file share method over his router would be quicker

burning them on a cd/dvd would work fine, but he was asking if there was a way to do it without burning. And transferring the files in lan is going to be much much faster than burning them.

mammikoura said:
burning them on a cd/dvd would work fine, but he was asking if there was a way to do it without burning. And transferring the files in lan is going to be much much faster than burning them.

OK, well the music is in the shared folder but it's still not showing up on my new computer. I just noticed that the Limewire versions are different. The one on my old computer is 4.10 and the one on the new computer is 4.12

Do you think that may have anything to do with it?

PCNoob said:
OK, well the music is in the shared folder but it's still not showing up on my new computer. I just noticed that the Limewire versions are different. The one on my old computer is 4.10 and the one on the new computer is 4.12

Do you think that may have anything to do with it?

limewire version shouldn't matter.
Are both of the pcs in the same workgroup? You can change the workgroup from my computer's preferences. (or options or what ever it is) Also you could try to access the other computer using cmd. I think it's something like //name of the computer/path to the folder. Like if the computer was named asdf and the music would be at C:\music you would type. //asdf/C:\music
Or something like that, give it a try. :p If it doesn't work then try just //name of pc/ since I'm not sure of the folder part.

Back
Top Bottom