Anyway to transfer Limewire mp3s?

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
Since I've downloaded Limewire I've put together a pretty large music library but the problem is is that these mp3s are on my old computer and I just got a new computer so all those mp3s are stuck on my old computer.

I'm wondering if there's anyway to transfer these files or share them. Because one day I was looking through iTunes on my brothers laptop and my limewire list appeared on that.

So is there anyway to share them without burning them all on discs or dvds?

Thanks.

you could take the HD out and put it in the new computer...

just copy it over and then remove it

or just plug them into eachother (might need a crossover cable) and share the folder & then transfer the files. Or if you can get them both plugged into a router or something similar. They just need to be in lan and then you can access shared folders & transfer files.

get a crossover cable

$5 from staples

Unlimited Transfers, and Its Fast.

(just plug on end into each of the Ethernet ports and your good to go.

but try it first with a normal cable if u don't have a crossover. Some (mostly newer) pcs can be connected with a normal cable too.

mammikoura said:
but try it first with a normal cable if u don't have a crossover. Some (mostly newer) pcs can be connected with a normal cable too.

i was thinking the same thing but he said this.

PCNoob said:
my old computer and I just got a new computer so all those mp3s are stuck on my old computer.

But ya if you have a spare standard ethernet cable laying around try it before you make a run to staples for the crossover

Well my new computer can get on the internet because of an ethernet cable (standard I think)from my router which also shares internet with my old comp. So far when I look under "Library" in Limewire nothing shows up from my old computer.

So I'm guessing because both my new and old computers share an internet connection they're in a LAN so it should work, right?

Anyways, I'll look into that crossover cable if I can't find another way.

PCNoob said:
Well my new computer can get on the internet because of an ethernet cable (standard I think)from my router which also shares internet with my old comp. So far when I look under "Library" in Limewire nothing shows up from my old computer.

So I'm guessing because both my new and old computers share an internet connection they're in a LAN so it should work, right?

Anyways, I'll look into that crossover cable if I can't find another way.

Yea just enable file sharing on both systems and copy the data from one to the other

the default save path for limewire files is

C:\Program Files\Limewire\shared

good luck man

Simplest option. Open limewire's folder were your downloaded music is located. Open your my music folder. Create a folder such as Limewire downloads. Click tile windows vertically and highlight all your mp3's from limewire and drag them into the file you just created. If you have dual monitors just put limewire in one window and my music in the other screen. After it copys all the files they are now on your harddrive. Now copy them to a dvd-r disc. Pop the disc in your new computer and copy the files. Wouldn't that be easier than downloading them over agian from yourself or swapping harddrives?

Back
Top Bottom