Building PC, need help please.

Solid State Member
Hi, I don't know much about building PC's that's why I need some help.
I want to build a gaming PC mainly but I use it for all sorts of things.
So far I have:

Motherboard
MSI 975x platinum

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz

Memory
Kingston 1GB DDR2-SDRAM 667MHz

Hard Drive
4 WD Caviar RE16 Hard Disk Drive 250GB SATA 150 7200rpm 16MB Cache

I have all basics like a PSU, fans, case, mouse/key board, monitor.
Mainly I'm in need of a good graphics card for gaming, i would prefere something like an ATI Radeon X1950XTX 512MB DDR4, but if theres anything better or more practical please let me know.
Also can you please inform me of what else I'm going to need e.g. sound card, more RAM?
Any information or rough prices would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks, that's a great card, although i've had trouble with Nvidia before.

However I've come across a Sapphire X1950 Pro 256MB GDDR3, it's lower spec than the card I had intended to buy but the price is so low, I can afford to buy two of these for the same price as the other. Which may work out better.
The spec says:
"Crossfire2 READY (Internal Crossfire Connection) - Just buy another X1950 Pro for Crossfire"

So if I bought 2 of these would that benefit me more as a gamer than the previous card would?

Thanks.

130123 said:
Thanks, that's a great card, although i've had trouble with Nvidia before.

However I've come across a Sapphire X1950 Pro 256MB GDDR3, it's lower spec than the card I had intended to buy but the price is so low, I can afford to buy two of these for the same price as the other. Which may work out better.
The spec says:
"Crossfire2 READY (Internal Crossfire Connection) - Just buy another X1950 Pro for Crossfire"

So if I bought 2 of these would that benefit me more as a gamer than the previous card would?

Thanks.
That helps generally, but more memory also boosts it up.

if you're looking for a sound card. creative x-fi would be a decent choice. i'm just using soundblaster live 24bit.

Back
Top Bottom