Trojen virus - keep getting wierd pop ups.

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
I aquired a trojen virus somehow, Did not download anything wierd, And I am very cautious of what I use on my pc. Yesterday all of a sudden internet explorer opened and started installing some virus or spyware program and going to wierd sites on its own. Then my EZ anti virus opened up and said I had a trojen virus or two, cleaned one. So the pop ups still would not stop, I downloaded and installed avg free, it scanned and found 3 trojens,& killed them or something. Still get wierd pop ups, like google search pops up and things like "home" "insurance" and others are typed in the google search. Ran spybot a couple times, keeps getting - Mediaplex, Winsoftware.winantiviruspro2006,Xpreload. Ran adaware, keeps coming up with stuff. What should I do now? Thanks

well i would try trend micro's housecall, it's free and runs off the web. go to www.trendmicro.com and click on "free virus scan" it's a free very good scanner. Next I would download Zone Alarm firewall because it is very very good a blocking such things www.zonelabs.com (free also)

Do an antivirus/adware scan etc in safe mode. You get to safe mode by using the F8 key after starting the pc

you could try downloading AVG antispyware. that's a pretty good free program, got rid of a lot of stuff that other scanners missed on my PC.

troy272 said:
you could try downloading AVG antispyware. that's a pretty good free program, got rid of a lot of stuff that other scanners missed on my PC.

What other scanners did you use?

Well, I tryed www.trendmicro.com and it just made it freeze up. So I downloaded & installed Zonealarm free firewall and it has solved the problem for now. No more wierd pop-ups, And it seems to run good on my system. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom