Sorry, and I'm back.

Thanks for the support :)

Yeah, I can't believe I'm quitting either, but I felt lost...and still feel lost now... but yeah, it wasn't working for me.
Product Visualisation is just an idea, but looking at my wall and what I like doing in 3D, its all product drawings and designs, etc. I'm not saying thats all I want to stick to, as I do like animation in some forms.

Hmm... have people been giving me bad rep? My rep bar has dropped significantly...

Nope I haven't, but I had a repuation beyond dispute, and now I dont :( NOOOOOO!!!

Welcome back, I done biochemistry as a degree, and realised by the start of the third year that I wanted nothing to do with it, but continued to the end, the result a reasonable grade, but a degree that was more or less useless for what I wanted to do. It was more or less a wasted year.

You are still young, plenty of time yet, so do what you want to do, and it will all work out in the end.

Some part of me is thinking though that I should carry on at get this degree. It won't be useless as it could probably still get me a job in what I want to do, but I can't stand the course itself, and keep oversleeping etc. So unprofessional, and theres no real support either.
I haven't been going in, yet no ones rang me up to ask where Ive been.

I just feel so lost, its unbelievable... part of me is thinking should I just grin and bear it, get a degree that may not be that great, but its a degree, or quit and find something later on, where I'll spend another 3 or so years, and will have to move away for it.

I seriously need to talk to the tutor.

the rep bar dropped because the rep levels were adjusted because there were so many peopel who were beyond repute.

Wb kage :)
I was just dropping in... Haven't seen you for a while.. Maybe i'll talk to you on MSN some day.

Yo welcome back dude! I know exactly what you mean with what you're saying about university. I often get the same ideas of changing degrees or completely getting out of university (im a 2nd year) but I have continually convinced myself not to do those things. Yet, if I had decided to drop out, it's not a big deal because life goes on either way and there is no reason spending it doing something that you don't like. But anyway, just take some time to relax and rejoin us here for a while.

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one. I'm in the same boat right now with my Java course. I'm pretty deep into my CIS major but I need to take 2 classes in Beginning and Intermediate Business Java. It's a very tough class and I'm not coping so well either. RIght now, I'm managing to barely pass my Beginning Java class. These 2 Java class are the only two classes that I really hate in the entire CIS course. I need to finish it before taking the other fun classes :(. I say if you're really into what you want do, try getting over the obstacles to reach your final goal. You need to get over the hump somehow by getting your classmates to help you or find time with your instructors. Even if I don't fully understand Java, I just want to pass because my track concentration is in Internet Security/Telecomm & Networks. I hate Java :p

Hehe, good luck to you though :)

I've decided to stay on Uni, and finish it, even though I'm getting crisitised for my technical approach to using 3D, and how I should be more creative with it all, and not doing technical effects like particles and all that, which I like to mess about with :(

Anyhow, I've found the real culprit to be where I work. I'm starting to get too much trouble from it now, like being shouted out, etc because the supervisors can't cope with the pressure of everything, and I'm meant to hand in a notice, 3 weeks prior to me leaving..

Well, theres a sort of loop hole to that. Before 90 days they can get rid of me with no warning, well...it works the other way too apparently, so I can ring up and basically say, I'm not coming in anymore.

They won't like that because its coming up to christmas, but I don't care.

WHAT HAPPENED TODAY:

Right, we have a front end part which has the tills and that, and tonight I was asked to make sure it was clean by this one Supervisor. Anyhow, I do about my work, and then get told by the same Sup, to go and do go backs (Putting items left back onto shelves). Only to get shouted at for going and to come back and finish what I was doing!!!

Kage said:
WHAT HAPPENED TODAY:

Right, we have a front end part which has the tills and that, and tonight I was asked to make sure it was clean by this one Supervisor. Anyhow, I do about my work, and then get told by the same Sup, to go and do go backs (Putting items left back onto shelves). Only to get shouted at for going and to come back and finish what I was doing!!!

Wow theres no way i would put up with that crap, i would either pull them to one side and have it out with them. Or tell them to stick their job up their a$$ :)

Yeah, thats what I think I'm going to do. I have enough money under my belt anyway. Stuff them for Christmas. bah humbug!

Meanwhile, this new kid was getting all the praise, on how well he was working etc, and how clean the break room looked, as she had not seen it apparently looking as clean as it was tonight.
Ha!!! Shes obviously not looking after I've done it!

I just don't need the trouble anymore, and I will definietly have free time then!

Back
Top Bottom