Question about hacking...

supersaw999

Beta member
Recently found out that someone has my IP address (cable), what can they find out about me and how easy would it be for them to hack into my computer? What exactly does hacking allow? Do they have full access to my computer basically? Would I be aware of it happening while I was using the computer? Is it something only a trained comp geek would know how to do or can anyone do it nowadays?

I have never installed antivirus or firewall protection on my computer... and I've never had problems with viruses, malware and such... so never really saw a reason to protect it. I have a router, does that offer any protection?

If you have a decent firewall, you should be fine.. though there is heaps of stuff you can do with IP Addresses such as for example IP spoofing.. by editing the packets as the ''hacker'' is trying to acsess your computer lets say it will avoid the firewall as the firewall thinks its you trying to acsess it.

There is heaps of ways to get IP addresses anyway so I wouldnt worry about it to much :)

You should always have a form of anti virus, ad blocker and firewall of some sort wheather you get them or not just to be on the safe side, you can guarentee if a computer goes on the internet for 5 mins without them it will be infected depending on what you go on :D

I would someone in a gaming clan that Im in hacks computers -- I personally don't feel safe with the guy around but he went into my friends computer and god knows what he did inside my computer (we had an argument earlier) so its pretty unpreidictable. I figure you contact your IPS and switch ips immideitly, thats what Im going to do.

Your IP is not hard to find lol it would be pointless changing IP's.. I could get you're IP right now... the MODS on this forum can get you're IP for a different purpose all the same.

thanks both for the reply :)... will my router provide some protection? They will see the router and not be able to go past it???

Honestly you can't do virtually anything with just an IP. Your router is likely operating in a block all incoming packets from sessions you havnt established, which makes you very very secure.

Back
Top Bottom