Windows Activation Problem

DEccles

Baseband Member
Last week my power supply exploded, and with the help from some of you here at computerforums, determined that my MoBo was probably fried also.

So, while waiting for my MoBo's RMA to process I tried some of my other components in my roomate's computer to see if anything else was fried also.

I put my hard drive in his computer, and it's working fine, i'm on it right now actually. However, because it was put into my roomate's computer, it detected all his hardware as new. So did Windows, and because of the "drastic change in hardware" required me to reactivate.

This is a problem, because a) I am putting this hard drive back into my computer as soon as I get my new MoBo, so I don't want to have to re-activate twice, and b) I can't seem to find my Windows XP installation cd and product key.

Anyone have any idea if I can avoid this activation issue once I get my new MoBo and put my computer back together?

Thanks.

DEccles said:
Anyone have any idea if I can avoid this activation issue once I get my new MoBo and put my computer back together?

Thanks.
Don't worry about it, you would have had to reactivate with the new m/board etc anyway.

Just reassemble your pc when you get the new parts and reactivate, it's no biggy.

Even if you cant reactivate it online... just do it over the phone tell them what happened and theyll give you an activation key

Back
Top Bottom