Tell Me Why (If any reason at all) I should get Vista Without a DX10 Card?

Drain You

In Runtime
Heres what I have first of all

AMD 3800+ Dual Core 2.0Ghz
1gb Corsair DDr2 Ram 800mhz
Asua M2n4 Sli Board
Pny 7600gt Video Card (Hopefully SLi Soon?)

So is there any point in getting Vista without a DX10 card. The Dx10 cards are wayyy out of my price range right now. Will I see any performance boost in games, is the OS a resource hog? I havent looked into Vista at all so I really have no clue. Any opinions on this new OS is welcome

-Drained You-

I really cant afford to get a Dx10 card, even if I had saved up enough money I couldnt bring myslef to spend that much on a single card. 200$ would be my price cap on a card, and that wont be happeneing with Dx10 cards soon.

1. its not that much of a resource hog
2. there will be 200 dollar dx10 cards like the 8300 and stuff. just like the 7 series.

any idea when the cheaper cards will come out? If they come out anytime soon ill hold of on SLi'ing my 7600gt and save for one of them.

[size=+1]829 Canadian dollars = 724.713699 U.S. dollars = [/size][size=+1]564.9908 Euro =[/size][size=+1]382.495223 British pounds

The price. For the GeForce 8 8800
[/size]

well, i plan on getting vista, only because i've been waiting for this os for like.. a long time... and i'm unreasonably excited for an os that probably won't show much of a difference in the beginning. it's supposed to play some things faster than xp and theres the new interface with the aero glass stuff.. just get it if you want, the benefits can't be seen yet. but dx10 is the main thing with them, and i suppose if you can't afford a dx10 card it would be a bit silly to get vista...

well EVENTUALLY I will get a Dx10 card, just not anytime soon. I just build this computer with a 7600gt card and im not willing to upgrade just yet. I really like the look of Vista, it seems very clean and new to me. I was just hoping there would be some benefits that would make my decision to upgrade to Vista worthwhile.

as long as you have a good DX9 graphics card, youll be fine, when the price comes down you can get a better DX10 card. Another gig of RAM would be the wisest upgrade for Vista

Back
Top Bottom