Funniest Tech Support Quotes

hascet said:
That ebaums video was confusing...I couldn't tell who was who, and ya it was kinda funny though how he just said random words "emu"

how do u not know who was who, its only one person. the guy calling from microsoft tech support left a message on an answering machine. :)

Well what do you expect? Companies these days are outsourcing like crazy, so you're bound to have language barriers to cross.

Jon F said:
That website is horrible. The owner of that site steals content, and brands it as his own.

also ytmnd had an internet war with ebaumsworld because ebaum took something from ytmnd.

internet wars...the definition of nerd :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Well what do you expect? Companies these days are outsourcing like crazy, so you're bound to have language barriers to cross.

I know a few tech support and some programmer guys and they tech support guys (not all) read off of the site. They have the tech page open in front of them and all they have to do is read what the site lists as solutions.

Here's a true tech support Q & A:

Cust: "I set up my computer but it doesn't want to turn on. What should I do?"

Tech: "Did you plug the computer in?"

Cust: "Nope. Lemme try that. <pause> Yep! it worked. Thanks for the help!"

And believe me, they hear that more than anything else!

Even better. A friend of mine got a gateway comp and when he got it set up it wouldn't turn on. Guess what part of the computer wasn't installed.

The motherboard. :rolleyes:

It's like the techie at school. On a Pentium 200 PC, the guy shouts that the HDD is dead. I decided, with the look of teacher to open it. Well, needless to say, jumper swap and there you go. Techies at school are budget wasters.

Another stupid one would be the guy throwing out the 1GHZ machine. The guy said that the PC is dead. Swap PSU, and what do we have here? A computer!

alvino said:
Wait, is that a guy calling Microsoft Tech Support? Or a Microsoft Tech Support Rep calling a customer?

The tech support is calling the customer, read the text it says. It tells you your answer on the topic of the website silly.

Back
Top Bottom