Can't Connect to Internet after Reinstalling XP

girl-aflame

Solid State Member
So I reinstalled windows xp, deleted the old partition and wiped everything clean. The install went fine, but now I can't connect to the internet. I'm currently at a house that has cable internet, but I don't think that's the problem (aside from the fact that the main computer can connect) because windows keeps telling me "cannot find your network hardware" when i use the connection wizard. Device manager is still showing me a modem, but when I go into network connections from control panel, there is no icon for a lan and one for a dialup like there used to be.

I'm kind of confused as to what I should have done and didn't. Please help me.

Have you installed ya drivers for ya network card? Look in device manager. Click start > control panel > performance and maintenance > hardware tab and its in there, look in there for any red crosses or yellow exclamation marks, chances are one will be ya network card. If thats the problem then hopefully you have a motherboard installation disc that ya can install the drivers from (providing its on board)

would this cd have come with my computer? i used a friend's copy of xp that came with her computer, since mine is also a dell. i couldn't find my original computer cds.

if i can't use her driver cd, can i download the drivers from dell and put them on a cd to use in my computer?

Raffaz said:
Whats the dell model?

it's a dimension 2350

the other computer that i'm posting from has the internet but no CD burner. is there any other way to get the files from his computer to mine or will i have to wait until i get back to college and have a burner?

Back
Top Bottom