Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB graphics card

Yea its a crazy card, but just wait a little bit ATI is gonna throw their DX10 card out there and prices will drop, then budget DX 10 card will come that we can actually afford.

Kage said:
Thats one serious card! Shame you need a watercooled PC to take advantage of it...

Its also a shame theres no Direct X 10 tests you can download to test how good these cards would be on Direct X 10, yet of course, there can't be yet.

Even though it is a Direct X 10 card though, but will exceed at Direct X 9 games. Will it be like the early Direct X 9 cards, that when Direct X 10 games finally come out, it won't be able to run them very fast?

Nah, it will actually run direct x10 games better.
Like in Crysis, in direct x 10 mode, you get better graphics, and better framrates in direct x10 mode.

i really dont see the point in buying this card...yeah sure the specs look awesome, but thats because your used to DX9 specs, i really doubt thats "awesome" for a DX10 card its the first line of DX10 so you know its not even close to what it could be, No game will use it to 1/2 its potential, Its the only dx10 card out so there are no prices to compete with so they can get whatever they want for it, by the time vista comes out ATI's card will be out and ATI is rumored to have their card with a core clock of 1GHz or more,

there is really no point in dumping 650 bucks on a card that will drop in price by the time you will actually be using it...

8800GTX came out last week I think.. yeah.. i think 13,000 on 3DMark06 single card, and 23,000 in SLi.

Bob94571 said:
i really dont see the point in buying this card...yeah sure the specs look awesome, but thats because your used to DX9 specs, i really doubt thats "awesome" for a DX10 card its the first line of DX10 so you know its not even close to what it could be, No game will use it to 1/2 its potential, Its the only dx10 card out so there are no prices to compete with so they can get whatever they want for it, by the time vista comes out ATI's card will be out and ATI is rumored to have their card with a core clock of 1GHz or more,

there is really no point in dumping 650 bucks on a card that will drop in price by the time you will actually be using it...

I've been playing shitty games since 2001 with my supposly 600$ worth card, now it's worth 90$...

ouch.. fx5500 lol, that's a ... pretty pathetic card now no offense.. i have an fx5200 some where upstairs.. i can't believe i dished out 100 dollars for that garbage. pci gpus ftw! lol.

Meh, I won't have a good usage for this in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Even watercooled, it won't be price economic.

I do still have an FX5200.

Back
Top Bottom