Streaming Video with RealPlayer... Always an Error!

ehitskit00

Beta member
"Connection to Server Timed out. You may be experiencing Network problems."

- That error has now been there for over 10 different lecture videos I have been trying to stream with RealPlayer. Within the first two minutes that error pops up does not allow me to watch the video stream. How do I fix this>? I tried hitting the more info tab on the error dialog and did what it said about updating my connection speed or something and that did not work either. Please Help!

thanks for the quick reply...

I am actually not running any firewall, unless there is already one that comes with Windows XP without me having to purchase a firewall or download such an application. So yeah, to my knowledge I have no firewall running unless there is one that comes with XP.

ehitskit00 said:
thanks for the quick reply...

I am actually not running any firewall, unless there is already one that comes with Windows XP without me having to purchase a firewall or download such an application. So yeah, to my knowledge I have no firewall running unless there is one that comes with XP.

Xp comes with a firewall mate. Make sure its disabled from start > control panel > security

so I have done both of the above. I actually forgot about the firewall thing that XP comes with since I had disabled it so long ago. But yes, both of the things above have already been tried and the error still persists

can anyone help please? Do you guys stream videos at all? If so what do you use and do you guys play around with any of the settings or leave it the same

Back
Top Bottom