THIS IS f*UCKIN WEIRD

Sunyboy

Banned
can anyone explain this to me?

breifly, my brother came over to record a track in my studio studio setup..

we hear clicking as if the HDD or sum'n is failin.*computer wont get past the welcome screen* something in the pc is screetching, sounded like the hard drive spinnin,.

we take my nephew out to eat for his b-day.

we come back, the computer wont get past the welcome screen, every now n then it'll *click* then freeze..

so 2 hours have elapsed, the same problem is occuring..

right when he leaves, i say hmmmm, lemme open up the pc to see what that clicking sound is *i thought it was the HDD* so, i open it up, turned it sidways, and it boots up.. thats why i'm able to type this message right now..

now wtf is going on? i'm sick of all the pc oddities that occur every now n then.

have ya'll any idea?

Sounds like the read/write heads in the drive may have been stuck, when you moved the case it appears this was enough to free them.

I'd set the case back the way it was and reboot to see if the problem is fixed.

Do you have S.M.A.R.T. monitoring enabled for that drive?

to me, it may be that the read/write head has failed.
Try taking the hdd and tapping it with a screw driver, LIGHTLY!
not personal or no offense to you or anyone else, but do you or anyone else in your home smoke cause that can cause the read/write head to fail or the hard disk itself to beomce currupt.

all smoking is conducted outside of the house

and i'll try tapping it..

thx ya'll

PS

i know nothing about smart monitering..

i guess its time to gooooooogle.

Sun Grayson said:
all smoking is conducted outside of the house

and i'll try tapping it..

thx ya'll

PS

i know nothing about smart monitering..

i guess its time to gooooooogle.
np. usually, SMART is enabled through the BIOS. but go ahead and learn more about SMART via Google :cool:

Run some diagnostics on the drive, it could be on its way out. Use it as little as possible till ya know its ok, otherwise if it fails ya data is gone. If it comes back as failed, then get ya important stuff copied to something else ASAP

what typa diagnostic tools can i download?

the clicking is getting worse and worse..

and teh screetchign sound likes its resonating from the processor

Smoking won't affect your drive because the drives are sealed...

all smoking does is leave a horrible nicotine /tar residue on the inside of the case where the air is drawn in.

really I once went to a friends house who smoked to fix his PC, and it was absolutly foul, made him feel physically sick to know that everything that as caked up on the inside of hi PC case was also caked up on this inside of his lungs.

It does sound like the hard drive is failing, I had the same problem with My PC, sometimes freezing etc...
I've changed the hard drive and now it runs great.

The screetching can come from the Hard drive as well. The hard disk hand might have gotten damage and is slowly scratching the disk.

What I'd suggest is to back up your files NOW over another hard drive and throw the hard drive out.
Don't get diagnostics. You're losing precious time.

Back
Top Bottom