Is that PC? Good enough?

k0nfident

Baseband Member
I might be buying a new pc, and this is what i've done from scratch.

Here

I would like to know if i would be able to play next-gen games.

Cause this is a DX10 Card.

Also, someone on another forum told me that I don't have enough watts? Is it true? They told me my card would explose in 3 hours of gaming. Then I asked them, what should I upgrade? The case or the power supply?

Thank you guys.

WTF? Gefore 8 series is out?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 8800GTX?!?!? I'm out of the loop. Nvidia's officially going nuts with all these new video card chipset being released like every month. But no, it won't "explode" on you. That guy in the other forum is on drugs or something. System looks good though.

Oki thanks.

Any recommendations? To make the price lower but keeping the system awesome?

Like lowering the watts or something?

Looks like you have accidently added another set of RAM in there. Take the other one out since the first RAM you picked is a 2GB kit. Does it come in 2 sticks of RAM or just one stick? It's hard to make out the specs from that site. Is this system a preinstalled system or just parts where you have to put it together? Everything else looks pretty good. The Intel Core 2 Duo is a nice choice and that video card, OMG, is a monster. I haven't read reviews on it yet, but it has got to be good for a GTX model video card. Most people are just barely using the 7 series or compatible video cards and the 8 series is out now, whew.

Nah I wanted to use 4GB of ram.

Look at it again please, I edited it.

All I want is an awesome performance for not too high. I won't go over 5999$

Also, it is in canadian dollars.

It is from scratch. I build it.

It's a manufacturer near my house in Canada, well there are loads of them,
www.microbytes.com

Available in french and english.

Doesn't that case already comes with a power supply? I'm reading it and it says 550watts next to it. If it does come with it, I wouldn't bother with the extra power supply. That 450 watt is not good. You should aim a little higher because you always want to leave at least 10-15% more headroom than the min. recommended wattage rating for any hardware in your system. That RAM is not good. I would go back to what you had before. Is that CPU the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600? I see that 4MB in there. I know the E6400 and lower have only 2MB of cache.

Yeah, I took the best one.

As for the memory, I should go back to what I had?

What about the power supply? Remove the extra power supply and leave it that way?

Man, I had to do a search for that motherboard directly from Asus. If this is the motherboard,

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=248&model=1031&modelmenu=2

...it doesn't look like it supports the Core 2 Duo CPU. Mainly a P4 board. I don't know if that's the motherboard you had in mind. If the case itself comes with that 550watt power supply, get rid of the 450watt one. I always like to leave at least 10-15% headroom on top of the min. hardware requirments of the largest component in your system.

Look into getting DDR2 800 RAM support...two sticks for dual channel capability. I don't know if the new chipsets allow 4 sticks to work in dual channel or not.

i'd get a different motherboard. the 975x chipset isn't the best around anymore.. aim for a 680i chipset, that thing is supposed to be... awesome.

Back
Top Bottom