OMG, here we go again...Nintendo Wii

What I remember asking myself is about that controller. A sensor should whatch all the moves possible and actually, I thought there was one sensor. I thought again. There's supposed to be 4 ports with a sensor for that controller.

Also, to what I see, Gamecube controllers can be added in.

Enough said:
Look at
http://wii.nintendo.com/

~mr mixx~ said:
i do remember that console, and i almost bought one because everyone was talking about it, but i 'm glad i did'nt cause the game support died a fast death.
I bought it s/hand for £30, no games where I live, so I went over to Portsmouth where I was born, & bought their entire stock of 37 games, they did a deal, & let me have the lot for £100, I enjoyed it immensely for nearly a year, then I sold the console & games privately for £50, I made a loss, but it was well worth it!

Wii stands for 'We' as in 'we' do things together etc.

I doubt it'll be as crazy as the PS3. Nintendo actually has A LOT already manufactured because it's easier to do so. The hardware it uses is cheaper and easily mass produced. So you won't have only 10 per store or so.

I think that the wii could bring some stiff competition to sony. the wii is a lot cheaper and in my opinion it looks more fun to play. sure it won't get gran turismo but who cares? I got tired of the cars never getting damaged anyways....

I think that sony is kind of stupid for not making that many consoles for the US and if people can't get them and don't want to wait then they'll go out and get different consoles. A couple of years ago I might have got it because it carried the sony name but now I won't. When you look at what happened with the rootkit and what the CEO said "most people don't even know what a rootkit is so why should they care?" that shows how much sony cares about consumers.

I think nintendo is smart on the wii because they seem to care about the consumers. They seem to know that a lot of people don't want to spend 600 dollars on a console and they want to have fun while playing games. I think the wii carries all that and I think that the lower price tag and really cool gameplay will help the wii sell.

Personally I really want the wii and might even start saving up for one. I think that it looks totally awesome and really fun to play! sure the graphics aren't anything near the PS3 but they're good enough for me and there seems to be some cool games for it.

That's what Nintendo is banking on. They're using their $250 price tag, innovative controls, family-oriented and no so excessively violent games to gain sales. I think parents that are looking for gifts will see the Wii as a very good buy.

Let's face the facts. No matter how much you say the PS3 is worth it and that it's a complete entertainment system, NO ONE wants to pay $499 or $599 just for a console. All the people I've talked to (even hardcore PS2 owners) are pretty pissed because it costs them way too much. Consumers will always see price before features and that's how the market rolls.

Look at VHS vs. Betamax. In terms of audio and video quality, Betamax was completely superior to VHS. Why did it flop? It cost WAY too much (more complex manufacturing) for consumers to handle. Guess who won that? :p

As new as the Wii is, they are a toned down version of the PS3. I'll have to check today to see if I can even get one--unlike the PS3 which is impossible to get right now. Nintendo hasn't been fairing too well to the likes of Sony and Microsoft though. I don't see their Nintendo GameCube breaking numbers. Their DS is very similar to the Wii with a lot of interaction as far as controllers go (with a stylus option), but overshadowed by the PSP. I want to see Nintendo come out with a more powerful system.

LeoZ said:
I looked for Wii graphics and they won't be as good as on PS3/Xbox 360.

that's true but they're good enough for me. I'm not upset about the graphics, I just think the game play with that new remote will be incredible! more than enough to make up for the graphics.

Parent's are loving it for their kids. Especially with the rise of obesity these days, it's the best thing for kids, even for parents too, lol!!!! You're working out and having fun all in the comforts of home.

Back
Top Bottom