Router

Thansk that clears up allot of things now and I am starting to understand but a question before I actully get this baby.

My current modem has a cable connected to it, don't I need this cable to connect to the interenet still? I am with adelphia.net and I have cable with them and also I can talk ont he phone while being online.

OR do I just get an extra ehternet cord and then connect the cable modem to the router? My cable modem is a

Motorolla
SB4101
SurfBored
Cable Modem

How would this work?? I dont understand this part, because my cable modem has 3 things hooked up to it now... Some cable ?!?!?!, Power Cord, USB cord that connects to that surfbored to my pc.

The "Some cable" will run into your wall socket for your phone line...when you get your new modem/router, you will need to plug that cable into it....

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Hey,

As i said before, the Netgear DG834G is a nice little wireless modem/router, and is nice for price too...here is a link to the product....remember you will also need to buy wireless Network cards to install in each PC, which will set you back about $40 AUD each pc (i think thats about $25-35 USD but dont quote me).....

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx

Matt

Yeah, I recommend that myself. I have the same model and it works fine, never had any problems.

Jamie.

So I can use my cable I have in my modem modem and just unscrew one of the intninas and put that cable in their? Because at the back of that router it doesnt have no cable inputs and the only one i see is for the intinas.

Back
Top Bottom