OMG, here we go again...Nintendo Wii

Out of all the new consoles the one i want the most is the wii. I'm gunna ask for one for christmas.

I'm sure you'll get one since availability is high. I really like the Wii because of the interaction that comes with it. You move with the game which is so much like virtual reality, well it is, lol.

They failed with the innovation of the GCN Mini Disk... But it looks like they are going to rock with this innovative controller.

Nintendo has always want to do a virtual reality console. Look at their VirtualBoy when it came out. Even though it wasn't good enough, they keep pursuing the technology. Now, the Wii is out and has that virtual environment concept. So neat. They even had the PowerGlove at one time too.

What does Wii stand for, wireless, I'm guessing, but why the two i's?, I don't think they have in England yet, they haven't got it in Game yet.

Wii as in "We"

It's supposed to inspire the concept of bringing gamers together. Hence the pronounciation, "we". If you would watch some of the stuff that they do with the "i"'s, you would understand that it's about bringing gamers together. Watch Nintendo's E3 press conference and you should understand.

jtom617 said:
Wii as in "We"

It's supposed to inspire the concept of bringing gamers together. Hence the pronounciation, "we". If you would watch some of the stuff that they do with the "i"'s, you would understand that it's about bringing gamers together. Watch Nintendo's E3 press conference and you should understand.
Thanks for explaining, I don't think they use that blurb in England or europe, but whatever!

it does'nt suprise me at all to know that the big N is going to compete against Sony in the console market. gamers are always looking to see what's new on the gaming market, but it pays to know your stuff.

people who bought into the hype of the consoles that were released, and a few years later they were obsolete. i would have to review this console to see if it has quality v.s good supportive games.

if it does'nt have either, or a huge price tag...it won't last long.

~mr mixx~ said:
it does'nt suprise me at all to know that the big N is going to compete against Sony in the console market. gamers are always looking to see what's new on the gaming market, but it pays to know your stuff.

people who bought into the hype of the consoles that were released, and a few years later they were obsolete. i would have to review this console to see if it has quality v.s good supportive games.

if it does'nt have either, or a huge price tag...it won't last long.
Years ago, I had a Dreamcast, remember them, brilliant, years before it's time, it's controllers had an illuminated screen with the name of the game, & your score so far, great games, I remember one where you had to find places in a huge city, you could see space liners coming in low to land, if you stood at a pick up, a a robocab stopped, pick you up & took you where you wanted to go, the adventure was too big to describe here, very involved, you got energy by buying drinks from slot machines, to pay for them, you sold drugs.

i do remember that console, and i almost bought one because everyone was talking about it, but i 'm glad i did'nt cause the game support died a fast death.

Back
Top Bottom