Building PC

well to be truthfully honest lol...ive never built a computer...ive upgraded and such.. but i am assuming that you will have to configure your bios for you CPU and RAM...but once that is done...it should boot right into windows seeing as how you are using a pre existing windows boot HD...

thats just my guess though

Looks pretty good to me for the price. In the future if you plan on SLi'ing it, get a new power supply. What you have right now works great.

When you first start it up, you will see the black screen with BIOS info, RAM count, and an attempt to scan for IDE. Then, it just hangs there until you install Windows. The motherboard manual is very important because it helps you hook up your wires to the case. All the other hardware you're getting have their own set of instructions on how to install. It's very easy. Just have patience reading through them and don't short out anything (ground yourself).

You can probably go to Abit's website and download the PDF file for the motherboard installation manual. That way, you can get a quick glimpse on what to expect. I have a copy for my motherboard since I lost my original, :p. It's got tons of good info in there, including BIOS features and settings. I would focus more on the USB and the other case wires (power button, reset button, HDD light, speaker, etc) from the manual as they are the toughest to do.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb...ubcategory=212&model=306&product_name=KN8+SLI

Back
Top Bottom