Graphics card that is as good as the 360

Im sure nvidia is going to release a low end directx10 gpu soon. But there hasnt been any news about it yet that ive heard. And alvino, we have very differnt tastes i guess. For me, the bigger the better, and i like the heatsink. The heatsinks i dont like are the ones on the 7900gt, there so small, and they make the card look like there a 5500fx or somthing.

allenn812 said:
Lol, WRONG! Crysis is going to support direct x 9. If it didn't, it wouldn't sell much. But yea, i don't think its as good as the 8800gtx, the 8800gtx is an amazing card, and we haven't even seen it yet where it will really shine, in direct x10 games. Whats so great about directx10, is that its going to allow games to look better, but the system requirements aren't going to be much higher. Thats one of the main reasons they integrated it in Crysis, you get a much more fluid frame rate in directx10 mode.
I know, at the time I didn't know the supported DX9 when THE reviews say it only support DX10

allenn812 said:
Im sure nvidia is going to release a low end directx10 gpu soon. But there hasnt been any news about it yet that ive heard. And alvino, we have very differnt tastes i guess. For me, the bigger the better, and i like the heatsink. The heatsinks i dont like are the ones on the 7900gt, there so small, and they make the card look like there a 5500fx or somthing.

Well I don't mind big, but there is a limit for me. Having a video card almost the same width as your motherboard is a bit too much. As for the heatsink, I've never liked any of NVIDIA's heatsinks. They're ineffective and the design is decent at best. As for the PCB clutter, that's why you gotta go with digital PWM. No more capacitors and unsightly clutter. :p This is the X1950 GT and look how the heatsink pretty much covers over 90% of the PCB because it uses digital PWM.

2691_large_RV570_3.jpg

Would a low end directX10 card be better than most cards out now? What was the first card in the geforce 7 series? I just started keeping up with graphics card and all computer parts, learned a lot in the last couple months all from this forum.

superman22x said:
Would a low end directX10 card be better than most cards out now? What was the first card in the geforce 7 series? I just started keeping up with graphics card and all computer parts, learned a lot in the last couple months all from this forum.

well the 7800GT/GTX came out than all the other lower end cards started to come out

superman22x said:

Depends on the architecture. In terms of performance, no. In terms of graphics and eye-candy, yes.

Well, here's my plan, wait til the older 7 series drops in price, before Christmas, and get a 7900GT. Than wait til about May and sell the 7900GT back on ebay, and get and 8600 or 8300. IF they exist at that time, because at that time, ATI will have its compitition out, and Nvidea will lower prices, plus those cards will already be a lil cheaper than the 8800GTX. Unless nvidea gets smart and makes it so I can run a 7900GT and 8300GT in SLI, and use DX10. LOL JK, it'll never happen.

I'm not even planning to upgrade for another two to three years. I'm still saving up for my Xbox 360. :)

Does anyone know how much the R600 is going to cost? Or an estimate/rumor of how much it's gonna be? It's looking like an amazing card right now...I'm really interested in getting one if they're not insanely expensive. I googled some stuff about it and couldn't come up with a rumored price.

^Sorry if that was a little off-topic; I was reading from a few pages back and replied. :D

Back
Top Bottom