Major Problem with AIM/MSN !!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Couple of days ago I gat my comp back from the shop, there was something wrong with it, but its all fixed now. The HDD is all intact..etc. So now when I click on my aim button, the aim window shows up, asking me to enter my password, after that I press ok and its telling me on the top in red something about an error…etc I tryed reinstalled aim from my comp, downloaded the latest version of aim triton and now when I open up the .exe file that I downloaded the aim installed, its showing the standard box where I click run, and after I click run nothing is happening, the box disappears like nothing ever happened …….

Similar problem with my msn, when I click connect its also telling me so bs about an error, nothing in specific, just that it cant connect, and asking me to trouble shoot…etc I click that I then click repair, I have all the green checkmarks...etc but its still not connecting.

Please help

Well its more than likely something to do with what they done to ya computer at the shop. What did it go in for. Whats your event viewer saying?

well i actually made a thread about it.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=46530

i tryed restarting the router and forwarding the port..etc

also when i go to aol website its asking me to click yes/no for some security verifecation...etc (never happend b4) and when i try to check my mail from aol.com its giving me some error msg

What are the error messages, we need them to help ya. Have a look in event viewer(its in ya admin tools). If your getting any popup messages, they would be helpful aswell

I will do that, unfortunately I am at work now. But for aim there is no err msg at least not anymore, when I try to run the aim installer, I click run and then its just disappears and nothing is happening…

I am not 100% sure with msn, but I don't think its giving me any error msg in specific…but il deff double check when I go home.

WoW u guys are not going to believe this, After 2 weeks, I fixed my aim LOL.

Its all all started yesterday when my CS 1.6 team was about to have a match. My team is playing in CEVO, and cevo requires u to run this CEVO client, in order to prevent hacking….etc. So I log into this client and there are choices of rooms that I can go to, so I choose the proper room for my match, and then its giving me en error msg, something about this is not the proper time/date…etc. So I contacted the CEVO support and they told me to check my time/date on my computer. Well my time was off, I had my year set to 2002…etc lol. So I fixed the time/date and I tried again, and what u know it worked !!!

So after the match I thought to my self, well if the cevo client was having problems because of the incorrect time on my comp, maybe now that I fixed it, maybe my aim will work, and IT DID J)))))

Just thought id let u guys know what was the problem.

Thanks u all for trying to help me tho.

Zer0Cool said:
WoW u guys are not going to believe this, After 2 weeks, I fixed my aim LOL.

Its all all started yesterday when my CS 1.6 team was about to have a match. My team is playing in CEVO, and cevo requires u to run this CEVO client, in order to prevent hacking….etc. So I log into this client and there are choices of rooms that I can go to, so I choose the proper room for my match, and then its giving me en error msg, something about this is not the proper time/date…etc. So I contacted the CEVO support and they told me to check my time/date on my computer. Well my time was off, I had my year set to 2002…etc lol. So I fixed the time/date and I tried again, and what u know it worked !!!

So after the match I thought to my self, well if the cevo client was having problems because of the incorrect time on my comp, maybe now that I fixed it, maybe my aim will work, and IT DID J)))))

Just thought id let u guys know what was the problem.

Thanks u all for trying to help me tho.

Sounds to me like ya need a new CMOS battery if ya keep losing ya time

Raffaz said:
Sounds to me like ya need a new CMOS battery if ya keep losing ya time

CMOS battery? its the one inside ur motherboard right? If it is, well not 2 long ago i had some computer problems, and i had to take that bettery out to test something...maybe thats how the time gat resat....

Zer0Cool said:
CMOS battery? its the one inside ur motherboard right? If it is, well not 2 long ago i had some computer problems, and i had to take that bettery out to test something...maybe thats how the time gat resat....

Yeah that would explain it mate, well if it happens again ya will know for the future :)

Back
Top Bottom