Laptop hard drive not responding...

munkeh

Beta member
Hi all,

Few days ago i had problems with my laptop eg: frequent crashes, laptop VERY VERY VERY slow, slow to the point that the HDD light wouldn't stop being on for 20 mins (showing that the HDD is busy loading or doing something) and every time i would want to watch a video clip, go on a website, the HDD would work too hard.

So i decided to use my system restore CD to clean out my laptop, it got to the progress bar where it shows you the progress of the system restore, it didn't get far, got to "Loading NTFS table" and the HDD light would be green for 30 mins, it didn't even stop once to blink, it just stayed green. Well... suddenly my laptop switched itself off because it overheated.

I powered it back up again and the hard drive didn't respond, not even blink once green when i pressed the power on button. Nothing shows up on the screen either, it's just black and i cannot hear the hard drive spinning. I swapped the hard drive for a completely new one and still the same thing happens.

My guess is maybe because the operating system of Windows XP is wiped out from the system so it can't start up on anything?

Regards

- Ellis

How do you know the system overheated?

are you telling me that you cannot see ANYTHING on the screen

its just black, your not getting any video, not seeing the post at all?

Do you havea docking station? Plug your laptop into one of those and try booting it up. Also, on the back of your lap top there is a Red switch...switch to the left, then the right, should turn back on fine..happened to my desktop...the switch may be in the other order, so then it goes right then left. If that doesnt work, call up tech support at your nearest frys or computer outlet.

lambofgod:

I know my laptop overheats because it gets very very hot when the laptop works very hard ie: the HDD keeps flashing non-stop. There's nothing showing up on the screen at all, the laptop powers up fine but nothing appears on the screen as soon as i turn the laptop on.

Spec:

I don't have a docking system nor that switch at the back of my laptop that you are talking about :\

Denier-of-Soup:

Yeh i tried that, still no responds. I can hear the dvd-rom drive loading up the windows CD but i can't see anything on the screen so no use.

I tried my friends monitor on my laptop last night and nothing.

Went into my nearest computer repair shop today only to be turned away because they don't repair laptops, so i have to phone up these companies that do which the guy over at the repair shop gave me. He suggested it's my motherboard that's fried out...

Ok first thing, have ya tried it without ya battery in, and just the power lead? Do you get any signs of life at all any lights etc? If ya didnt have an OS installed it would still show some signs of life, so if your getting none then ya can rule that out. Whats ya laptop make and model?

Raffaz said:
Ok first thing, have ya tried it without ya battery in, and just the power lead? Do you get any signs of life at all any lights etc? If ya didnt have an OS installed it would still show some signs of life, so if your getting none then ya can rule that out. Whats ya laptop make and model?

Yup, i tried it without the battery in, just the power lead, still no sign. I get the AC adapter light on, that's all. Make of the laptop is a Toshiba A60 Sattelite

munkeh said:
Yup, i tried it without the battery in, just the power lead, still no sign. I get the AC adapter light on, that's all. Make of the laptop is a Toshiba A60 Sattelite

Hmm so now your not getting any video at all

I would try swapping power adapters just to see.

If its not that it could be the Backlight on the LCD...

Back
Top Bottom