Dell inspiration backlight not working

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, my moms dell inspiration 1000 notebook, is having screen problems. Sometimes if you bump the screen, its just goes really dark, so its hard to see wats going on. My mom thinks there is a crack where it connects to the main body. Is there a way to buy replacement screens? Or would she be better off buying a new laptop, and parting hers out or something.

1. Its called an inspiron.
2. Screens are like 400 for laptops so its better to buy a new one and part it out and give the parts to me :D

I just talked to her, and she said shed wait til the screen doesnt work at all before she buys a new one, and she says the frame is cracked, so that might be cause the problem? But I assume its not reparable.

you could always try connecting to a desktop monitor from the laptop couldn't you? that might work. Laptop screens aren't exactly cheap, you're better off buying a new one or just using it as a docking station type thing and hooking a desktop monitor up through the VGA port.

Thats a good Idea, make a second home computer, but the laptop is slow, and I dont want to spend $$ on it.

I know, I just mean spending money to speed it up. He meant use the VGA out. But thats a good idea.

You should already have a VGA port on it dude.
Thats a fancy term for the thingy that you plug the other thing in to make your mointor show whats going on.

superman22x said:
I just talked to her, and she said shed wait til the screen doesnt work at all before she buys a new one, and she says the frame is cracked, so that might be cause the problem? But I assume its not reparable.

It is possibly repairable, it could be the inverter or the screen, and its just not worth buying a new one to be honest. But if ya can get hold of the parts cheap on ebay then thats a different story, providing you have the expertise to replace them. Just do what the other guys are saying and connect it to ya normal monitor

Back
Top Bottom