Graphics card that is as good as the 360

But would the 8300 be better than the 7900GT do you think? Maybe I could get the 7900GT off ebay now, after a year, sell it and get the 8600 or something. And keep that card for 2-4 years.

Probably the 8800 GTX. It's hard to compare because console GPU's don't have direct PC counterparts.

john123 said:
wtf no. The ps2 card is the equivalent of a radeon 9200. The ps2 gfx card only has 32mb.
heard it has 2MB

The Xbox360 can't play Crysis due to Video chip it's self only supporting DX9 and the game needing DX10. Google it :D . So it has to be based off X1900XTX because it has the 48-pixel pipelines has the X1900XTX.

Actually the Xbox 360 can play Crysis only if EA would let Crytek do so. Even though DirectX 10 is the main component of Crysis, it does have a box (in the options menu) that you can check that can switch from DirectX 9 to DirectX 10 modes. The Xbox 360 has the power even if it can only render in DirectX 9.

The only problem is stupid EA. Some publishers are just plain dumb. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Actually the Xbox 360 can play Crysis only if EA would let Crytek do so. Even though DirectX 10 is the main component of Crysis, it does have a box (in the options menu) that you can check that can switch from DirectX 9 to DirectX 10 modes. The Xbox 360 has the power even if it can only render in DirectX 9.

The only problem is stupid EA. Some publishers are just plain dumb. :rolleyes:
Yep that EA for you :eek:

X1337 said:
heard it has 2MB

The Xbox360 can't play Crysis due to Video chip it's self only supporting DX9 and the game needing DX10. Google it :D . So it has to be based off X1900XTX because it has the 48-pixel pipelines has the X1900XTX.

Lol, WRONG! Crysis is going to support direct x 9. If it didn't, it wouldn't sell much. But yea, i don't think its as good as the 8800gtx, the 8800gtx is an amazing card, and we haven't even seen it yet where it will really shine, in direct x10 games. Whats so great about directx10, is that its going to allow games to look better, but the system requirements aren't going to be much higher. Thats one of the main reasons they integrated it in Crysis, you get a much more fluid frame rate in directx10 mode.

That's why I'm waiting for ATI's R600. I don't care much about the 8800 GTX, because frankly it's the ugliest video card I've ever seen and the R600 will probably eat it's ass for breakfast.

alvino said:
That's why I'm waiting for ATI's R600. I don't care much about the 8800 GTX, because frankly it's the ugliest video card I've ever seen and the R600 will probably eat it's ass for breakfast.

What! It looks awesome!, i mean come on, who cares were the capacitors as positioned at?!?!

It's freaking HUGE! The PCB for the GTX comes in at about 10.5-11" and the heatsink is as ugly as ever (NVIDIA is definately not known for great stock heatsinks). If I were to set down $600 for a video card (not that I would) I would want something that would be powerful and that would look good. Then I would be getting the best bang for my expensive buck.

I just want the older cards to drop in price, so I can get one. Any idea when that will happen? And any idea when any DX10 cards will be under $200?

Back
Top Bottom