i don't know whats wrong with my dell laptop

laurlaur

Solid State Member
It's brand new, i just got it like 3 months ago. and.. its been great all up till today when i was just playing a simple game i play ALL the time. and my laptop totally freezes. i couldn't do ANYTHING. so i took out the battery and it shut off and i turned it back on and everything was fine. then i kept it on and i went upstairs for about 20 minutes, came back down and it looked like it was on a blank screensaver but it wasn't, it wouldn't go back to the desktop or anything. so i took out the battery and turned it back on and it said something about my memory or something. i don't remember what it said.. but it said to take something out or do something with something near the cardslots?! I don't know what that means..

and now it won't even turn on. it just starts up but never fully comes on.

this laptop is my LIFE, i really need to fix it.. :( please.

i dont know what it was i don't remember.
i turned it on and said something like
an unidentified memory object or something..
and ummm something was near the cardslots..
and then it said to press F1 to shut it down. and thats what i did
and now it won't even turn on!
the lights just blink like 10 times.

It will still be under warranty, take it back. Sounds like the ram may be bad or it is overheating for some reason, you are using it on a smooth flat surface so it has good cooling aren't you?

john123 said:
ooh ok.
did you try plugging into the power outlet?
That's a goodie :D but I don't think (could be wrong) that it would generate that error

well i didn't buy it.
my mom's friend gives all of our computers to us, and it was in perfect condition, thats how it looks anyway.

and yeah its on a desk. it always is.
and its always plugged into the power outlet is that the problem? should i just leave it alone for awhile or what.. it seems like i've tried everything..

Sounds like something may be shorting the ram ?? (I'm guessing on what you've given us) and delving into a laptop is not something I recommend to many people. Do you know anyone who is competent enough to check the ram slots in your laptop?

My guess is that it has been dropped at some stage and something has come loose, you're best off taking it to a shop, fixing laptop hardware yourself is not something I would recommend if you don't know what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom