I found a...

LOL
It was still there, so I grabbed it.
The inside was completely (almost, hehe) gutted.
It's a very small case and mobo (don't know the size or manufacturer of it, but it's about 1 sq. foot and a perfect square board, help me out here) that has onboard everything (intel integrated graphics PC100 SiS530?). There's tons of ribbon cables and it's a pretty small socket, too. The side panels are in my tub taking a bath, the motherboard just might need to go in as well. :D
Also the power supply is still on there but I don't know if it works or if it can even come out, it's just the plain sheet metal type PSU. I'll do some work on it later but this case is probably going to be my first actual case mod, We'll see how that turns out. I may even try to finish it if the PSU and MOBO still work. If any of you have some really old parts that you wouldn't mind shooting my way, feel free to do so. Pics in a minute, camera is dead.

Believe it or not, something out of this dinosaur made it into my $1600 brand new build. I didn't have a case speaker yet. :p
Might need to update the signature, hehe.
[20 year old case speaker]

i've yet to find a computer... mark my words.. on that day... there will be a new thread.. lol

Lol, thanks. I bet that was one of the pci's that is missing, it looks like there were 3 cards that were taken out. I'm covered with sound, graphics, and parallel ports.

I dunno, my buddy's putting a computer together in his car, I may consider doing the same if this is at least a pentium 2 board. That way I could store music and whatnot. I'd need to find a rectifier and find some way to get a keyboard and graphical interface...

Yep, he's got a bunch of the required parts, he just hasn't found a way to put it together yet. The board is going to be bolted to the inside back of the dash/footwell and is going to be run off a mobile AMD Turion I think, fed to a tv screen he has up where the dome light was. The problem is making one that doesn't need loud cooling and also getting the power supply to work at 6V situations.

I think I had a better idea, though. I might build a chassis and get some controls and make a MAME arcade box out of it, it would be perfect for Galaga and Pac-Man.

Okay, my internet is running like a fat kid waist deep in a tub of molasses so here's a quick, short update.

I did some digging and found out some stuff about the board. It's an SiS chip. They say on their website that they only make chips, not boards, but I don't know if that info is relevant since this board is from the early 90's. I came up with "SiS 530/5595." It is important to distinguish this from the "680(?)/5595" as they are different models and require different drivers from what I can gather. The OEM of the PC is Total Peripherals. Here's a feeler pic I took and one of the board from Google.
n7030365_32532256_7366.jpg

530BF.gif

*This picture is very close, but I don't think it's the same board since the BIOS chip and power supply connections are in different locations.

Info on the board:
http://www.mainboard.cz/mb/jetway/530BF.htm
*See footnote above

Hopefully I will be able to get the other two pics I took up soon, but it doesn't look like it. Thanks, internet. :mad:

YES! Finally, I think I nailed it. The board is by PCCHIPS and is model M598LMR. I also got my pics to upload finally.

Info on the board + picture:
http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-m598lmr.asp

n7030365_32534611_5939.jpg

n7030365_32534612_5110.jpg

I will be essentially moving this thread to the hardware section so I can get help with components. I've already got a hard drive on the way so I'll need RAM, CPU, optical drive of some sort. Also if you know anything else I might could use let me know. I already found the most recent BIOS.

Anyone who knows about dinosaurs please pm me or see if you can find my thread in hardware. :D

Thanks,
Dan

Well, I do own a K6-II, but I need to get a board to use it. BUT, what if it won't boot?

And, that thing's so old tech. That's all I used to find in the garbage mainly.

Back
Top Bottom