New HDD need ur HELP !!!

Denier-of-Soup said:
They'd be running even finer if you had FireWire enclosures.

I never said it was faster did i? I said mine ran fine lol. End of the day i dont need the extra speed coz its just for data storage

Well here is the thing, i have a fireWire port, but its infront of my case, it is built in my case. Is it ok? will it run the same as if it would be built in the MOBO???

Will my FireWire port that is built in my Antec P180 case be sufficent?

Il prob be using this HDD for storage...like Movies & Music So i dunno if i evn need the FireWire.

I thought that the shell that i found was really good, better then the WireWire shell, so In ur Profesional opinions guyz, if i will be using this HDD For watching Movies and Listening to Music / Storing Movies/Music what should i get??? SO CONFUZED....

I have my hand on the "Purcase" Button on the newegg website, but still trying to decide betwin this 2 shells....

Zer0Cool said:
Well here is the thing, i have a fireWire port, but its infront of my case, it is built in my case. Is it ok? will it run the same as if it would be built in the MOBO???

Will my FireWire port that is built in my Antec P180 case be sufficent?

Il prob be using this HDD for storage...like Movies & Music So i dunno if i evn need the FireWire.

I thought that the shell that i found was really good, better then the WireWire shell, so In ur Profesional opinions guyz, if i will be using this HDD For watching Movies and Listening to Music / Storing Movies/Music what should i get??? SO CONFUZED....

I have my hand on the "Purcase" Button on the newegg website, but still trying to decide betwin this 2 shells....

As long as the Firewire port is hooked up to your Mobo, the speed will be the same Be it on the board vs. on the case

If you have your heart set on that enclosure it will be fine for you, but if you want a bit faster transfer rates then get the one with firewire and USB, i mean that way you will have both.

Denier-of-Soup said:
They'd be running even finer if you had FireWire enclosures.

Good info on the real world tests.

I was going to say USB 2.0 was faster, because looking at the numbers

USB 2.0 = 480MBps

Firewire = 400MBps

It looks like it.

LambOfGod said:
Good info on the real world tests.

I was going to say USB 2.0 was faster, because looking at the numbers

USB 2.0 = 480MBps

Firewire = 400MBps

It looks like it.

Firewire works out better, coz ov the overheads that USB has

LambOfGod said:
If you have your heart set on that enclosure it will be fine for you, but if you want a bit faster transfer rates then get the one with firewire and USB, i mean that way you will have both.

Never realised ya can get an enclosure with both mate

Back
Top Bottom