What could be my computers problem.

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok I turn my computer off almost every night. And when I wake up the next day and turn it on it starts no problem, but if I restart the computer or anything after the first bootup its a pain in the ass to get it to start again. The computer turns on and everything you can hear power running though it. It just doesnt load. I have to keep turning it on off on off until it beeps and then it loads. And sometimes it takes a couple times of holding in the power button and releasing to get it to power up.

Would anyone know the problem that is causing this?

Thanks

On my IBM, I have a problem that sounds similar. I need to turn the power on and off a few times until it beeps. By me it's because I have a dead CMOS Battery.

Maybe windows reinstall will change it..but i kind of doubt that..make sure your computer is set to booting of C:...mine was set to booting off my F: Drive which is my external hdd..wouldnt start up.

Make sure all of the cables are connected all the way in...other than that yea reload windows or restore it back to whenever it started happening.

tell us how it works out.

clandestinex337 said:
how would i do that?

Easiest way is to trace ya power wire to ya mobo, remove the cable(it will be connected to 2 pins) then just short them with a screw driver to turn it on and off. If it works ok, then you know its ya power switch (cos ya have just turned it on by bypassing it)

Back
Top Bottom