Myspace..

myspace is absolutely retarded. its a hackers dreamland, a predators wishland, and the next cupid.com

EMMteo said:
myspace is absolutely retarded.
true
its a hackers dreamland,
false
a predators wishland,
true
and the next cupid.com
false...

It's not a hackers dreamland, cause the account isn't important to anything else. the only hacking incidents recorded are posted through social engineering, (people spoofing the site), or exploiting holes in applications, (like flash).

it is a sexual predetors paradise, if you let it be, I know everysingle one of the people on my meager friends lists, I've actually met them and keep regular contatc with all of them...
I can tell you their first and last names, what they were like growing up, and where they live etc... and I know that I'll always be welcome at their house for a cup of tea, and they'll always be welcome at mine.
it's when people just go out of their way to have huge friends lists, or get drawn in by pictures of semi naked ladies, or the oppertunity to date people.
it's an online social networking site, not an oppertunity to meet people for dates etc.
in fact it was devised as a band site before it was a social networking site.

another dating site...
not really there is no real scope for that to happen... Myspace is full of all sorts of people, and many of them have meaningful relationships and are married etc...

the whole beauty of myspace is that it's unobtrusive, it gives you as much or as little as you want from it, whilst be free (ad sponsored). I can't see people messing around with a winning formula.

It's sad how everyone generalizes MySpace. Not everyone there are emo/goths or sexual predators. Even if there were predators, there are a ton of ways you could protect yourself. The only reason why that 14 year old girl and her mom sued MySpace because she got tangled with a sexual predator was because she was too dumb to use common sense and her mom was too dumb to excercise any parental responsiblity.

Root, hacking doesnt always refer to money, means going into someone elses computer/files without permission or doing it unlawfully. thats hacking....so true

Back
Top Bottom